Ibanez AVC9 Artwood Vintage Grand Concert Acoustic, Open Pore Natural
Ibanez Thermo Aged AVC9 Overview by GAK:
The Artwood Vintage series now showcases another vintage element by applying an "ageing" process to the tonewood : "Thermo Aged™ tone wood, made by a special drying process at a high temperature which is commonly known as "baking", "caramelisation", "roasting" or "torrefaction." The Thermo Aged™ process makes the sound louder across the entire frequency range, especially the bass and treble areas. Having a Thermo Aged™ solid top gives even more bass, even more treble, and plenty of punch. It is a bit like having the guitar 'played in' for years from new! Thermo Aged™ Spruce bracing further enhances this.
Other top-notch features include a bone nut and saddle which provide optimal transference of the natural string vibration and Chrome Open Gear tuners with Butterbean knobs (18:1 gear ratio) which ensure accurate, stable tuning and help reduce the headstock weight whilst contributing to the vintage look. D'Addario® Nickel Bronze strings emphasize the natural voice of Thermo Aged™ wood with incredible clarity, resonance and projection whilst the nut and compensated saddle are both made from bone. The Ibanez Advantage™ bridge pinsreally are an advantage over old-fashioned pins- Advantage™ pins are easier to take out and easier to put in than standard pins. A special bulb-shaped end makes the pin easy to grip and also prevents the pin from being pushed in too far. Best of all, with Advantage™, the pin and string stay put. Check out the Thermo Aged advantage for yourself!
- Body shape: Grand Concert body
- Bracing: Thermo Aged™ Spruce X Bracing
- Top: Thermo Aged™ Solid Mahogany top
- Back & sides: Mahogany back & sides
- Neck: Mahogany Soft-V shape neck
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Body binding: Tortoiseshell
- Tuning machines: Chrome Open Gear tuners w/Butterbean knobs (18:1 gear ratio)
- Nut: Bone
- Number of frets: 20
- Saddle material: Compensated Bone saddle
- Bridge pins: Ibanez Advantage™ Bridge pin
- Strings: D'Addario® NB1253 Nickel Bronze, Light (.012-.053 Gauge)
- Finish: Open Pore
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year