Korg Kaossilator 2S Dynamic Phrase Synthesizer
Korg KO2S Dynamic Phrase Synthesizer Product Overview By GAK
The Korg KO2S or Kaossilator 2S is a compact, palm sized synthesizer designed for serious music production. The Kaossilator 2 has evolved to offer much greater sound and functionality compared with its predecessor, the Kaossilator. The touchpad allows you to preform live in a unique and intuitive way. There is also a loop recorder so you can overdub your performances and then export your recordings into Ableton Live for production. With undo/redo functions and support for exporting as multi-track data or in Ableton Live format, the Kaossilator 2S means that serendipitous phrases and sudden ideas can be seamlessly used in song production.
Korg Product Overview
The palm-sized synthesizer, kaossilator 2, has now been intensified. Announcing the newly evolved kaossilator 2S ("S" stands for Sound on Sound), a great tool for serious music production.
Use the touchpad to perform intuitively, the loop recorder to keep overdubbing, then export your recorded phrases to Ableton Live and polish them into a song! With undo/redo functions and support for exporting as multi-track data or in Ableton Live format, the kaossilator 2S means that serendipitous phrases and sudden ideas can be seamlessly used in song production.
You can play melodies and phrases simply by stroking or tapping the touchpad with your fingertips. The horizontal axis controls pitch, and the vertical axis controls subtle changes in tone. It's easy to perform even if you can't play keyboard, and you're also free to perform unusual phrases that would be impractical to play on a keyboard.
The sound engine provides 150 different sounds, including standard synth leads and synth bass, acoustic sounds such as piano and guitar, rhythm loops, and single-note drum kits, meeting the needs for any style of dance music.
There's a built-in loop recorder function that lets you layer your touchpad performances as many times as you like. By multi-track recording (overdubbing) the phrases you come up with, it's easy for anyone to create amazing tracks.
The new Undo/Redo function means that you can confidently re-record as many times as you like if your performance wasn't what you intended.
- Programs: 150
- Program Categories: Lead (25), Acoustic (10), Bass (30), Chord (25), SE (20), Drum (15), Drum Pattern (25)
- Scales: 35
- Key Range: ±12
- Gate Arpeggio Pattern: 50
- Sampling Frequency: 48kHz
- AD/DA Conversion: 24-bit linear
- Input Connectors: MIC IN jack (Stereo 1/8” mini phone jack)
- Output Connectors: Phones jack (stereo mini jack type)
- Data Storage: microSD card (512MB - 2GB), microSDHC card ( - 16GB)
- *SDXC card cannot be used.
- Power Supply: Two AA batteries (alkaline or nickelmetal hydride batteries), Optional AC adapter (DC 4.5V)
- Battery Life: Approx. 5 hours (with POWER SAVING: ON, with Nickel-Metal Hydride battery)
- Dimensions: 76 mm (W) x 128 mm (D) x 25 mm (H) / 2.99” (W) x 5.04” (D) x0.98” (H)
- Weight: 100 g / 3.53 oz. (without batteries)
- Accessories: Owner’s manual, two AA batteries (for verifying operation), Ableton Live 9 Lite (license card included)
Great for weird loops and odd sounds.