Korg Kross 2 Music Workstation 61SE Neon Blue
Korg Kross 2 Music Workstation 61 Special Edition Neon Blue
Ltd edition 2nd Gen KROSS Keyboard/Synth/Sampler, 16 multi-function pads, USB audio/MIDI interface
Korg Product Overview
KROSS 2, the long-awaited successor of the KROSS, is a compact, portable workstation with a huge range of sounds. While maintaining its identity as ultra-lightweight, compact, and capable of running on batteries, this new model dramatically enhances KROSS’s sounds and functionality. In addition to a total of more than a thousand preset sounds, expansion PCM memory has been newly added. Also new is a pad sampler that allows full-fledged sampling, and USB audio/MIDI interface functionality. The colour scheme is even more stylish, and the user interface allows intuitive operation even by beginners.
Effortlessly select the sound that you want to play, shape it to match your imagination, sample a sound, create phrases and rhythms, record your vocal or guitar, bring KROSS 2 on stage, and perform. Whatever you artistic vision, you can make it happen. KROSS 2 is a versatile synthesizer platform made with creative freedom in mind.
The sound quality of KORG synthesizers is endorsed by top-ranking musicians around the world. The evolved KROSS 2 expands polyphony from 80 to 120 voices, and dramatically powers-up the number of internal programs from 809 to 1,075 programs. Including multi-layered pianos and electric pianos, thick strings and other new sounds that will work well with any band, as well as the latest drum kits to cover current styles such as EDM. The wide selection of programs covers your needs from live performance to studio production.
The KROSS 2 now provides 128 MB of built-in expansion PCM memory. By selecting from optional libraries that will be released following KROSS 2, you can expand KROSS 2’s internal sounds to meet the needs of your performing style or situation.
The high-quality EDS-i Enhanced Definition Synthesis-integrated sound engine is inherited from KORG’s professional synthesizers. You can use a total of seven effects units simultaneously: five insert and two master. Rich expressive power is available from the selection of 134 high-quality effects, including standard effects such as delay and reverb as well as amp modelling, vintage effect units, and even a vocoder.
As a first in its class, the KROSS 2 is newly equipped with a unique sampling function that provides 16 playable pads. You can record the input from the LINE IN jack and assign a stereo sample of up to 14 seconds to each pad. Up to four pads can be triggered simultaneously. You can edit the sample waveform using functions such as start/end loop point settings and normalise, and even resample within the KROSS 2, allowing you to perform extensive sampling without requiring any additional equipment. Long audio files from an SD card can also be assigned to these pads.It's easy to get around on KROSS 2, thanks to a user-friendly layout. The panel of the KROSS 2 has been further improved since the first KROSS, ensuring that anyone can quickly access desired sounds and functions from the enormous range of choices.
- Step sequencer - This lets you use the 16 pads to intuitively and quickly create original rhythm patterns of up to 64 steps
- Drum track - The drum track lets you add rhythm to your performance simply by pressing a button
- Arpeggiator - This function is a great way to generate ideas for songs
- Mic connection for the singer-instrumentalist or for vocoder performance.
- USB audio interface
- KROSS2 editor and plug-in editor
- Over 1000 presets
- 128MB of expansion PCM memory is built-in and option libraries are supported
- Power of the EDS-i sound engine
- Selection of effects with 134 types
- Superb sampling functionality, 16 sampler pads
- Realtime control section for quick parameter editing
- Favourite function
- Quick layer/split can be specified by a single button
- Long operating life (7 hours)
- Audio player/recorder that can be easily operated by the pads
- Pitch bend, modulation Wheel
- Tempo knob, tap button
- Audio out connecter: 6.3mm phone jack (unbalanced)
- Audio input: 2.5mm Stereo mini phone jack
- Mic in: 6.3mm phone jack (unbalanced)
- 3.5mm stereo mini jack for headphones
- Other connectors: MIDI in, out, UDB, SD card slot
- Battery life: Approx 4-5 hours
- Dimensions: 37.09 x 11.06 x 3.58 inches / 942 x 281 x 91 mm
- Weight: 8.37 lbs. / 3.8 kg