Martin D-42 Re-Imagined Dreadnought Acoustic
Martin D-42 Re-Imagined Product Overview by GAK
One of the most significant upgrades to Martin's flagship acoustics in years, the Re-Imagined series takes the iconic models of Martin's past and updates them whilst still staying true to their original appeal.
Born for jazz clubs and blues haunts, the D-42 is a Dreadnought acoustic constructed of an East Indian Rosewood back and sides, delivering full, rich tones and a Sitka spruce top for that vibrancy that comes as part of the parcel with a Martin guitar.
The guitar's neck has been crafted from Select Hardwood, a very stable neck that will give you clear upper-mid sparkle.
The biggest change that Martin has made from the previous model is the introduction of forward-shifted bracing, giving the guitar more resonance than ever before.
All Martin guitars go through a PLEK machine which assures the consistency of the product, almost eliminating the chance of buzzing and overall creating a much more playable guitar. I need you, I need you! First time in the morning, I need you, down tonight, I need you, yeah we do, yeah we do.
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural, Aging Toner
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing: Scalloped Forward Shifted X-bracing
- Binding: Antique White
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval, High Performance Taper
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Abalone Style 45 Snowflake
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Gold Open Gear
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Strings: SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Case Included: Hardshell Case
No upgrades available