Martin OMC-15ME Orchestra Model Electro Acoustic, Mahogany
An Orchestra sized guitar, made to be louder and more dynamic because of its large soundbox and long scale length. It is constructed with Martin’s High-Pressure Laminate back, sides and top. X series Martin guitars utilise high-pressure laminate (HPL) woods for the back and sides (and for the tops of X1 instruments). HPL provides a stable material with which to construct a guitar body and offer the instrument at an attractive price. X1 series models have HPL tops as well. The top is reinforced with scalloped X-bracing.
The nut width is a broad 1 and ¾ inches, allowing a little more space for fingering and picking. A 1 and ¾ nut width on a small body is important for fingerpickers who may prefer the wider string spacing for playing what are called rest strokes.
The scale length is 25.4 inches. This is called ‘long scale’. Long scale lengths cause the strings to be held under a higher tension at concert pitch. This means slightly more volume with strings that are less forgiving. The overtones ring more clearly and the sound is more complex. The neck is a High-Performance Taper.
The Satin finish is smooth and has a matt texture. It is smart, durable and easy to maintain.
X Series guitars are fitted with Fishman MX electronics. The MX system includes volume and tone controls on the preamp inside the soundhole of the guitar. It comes supplied with a durable and water-resistant gig bag with headstock, bridge, and endpin protectors to ensure that this guitar can be kept safe and dry whilst travelling.
See the rest of the X series range here.
Fancy an upgrade? Check out the Martin OMC-15ME
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Top Material: Mahogany
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Material: Mahogany
- Side Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Fingerboard Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Diamonds and Squares Short Pattern
- Side Dots: Yellow
- Back and Side Finish: Satin
- Back and Sides Color: Dark Mahogany
- Finish Top: Satin
- Top Color: Dark Mahogany
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Recommended Strings: SP LIFESPAN 92/8 PHOSPHOR BRONZE LIGHT (MSP7100)
- Knob: Butterbean
- Bridge Pin Material: Ebony
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Ply Hardshell: Electronics: Fishman Matrix VT Enhance NT2