Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 Mk2 USB Audio Interface
The Komplete Audio 6 MKII Audio Interface
The Komplete Audio 6 MKII Audio Interface is the successor to the Komplete Audio 6, first released in 2011. It’s an affordable interface that allows control over your modular system, with intuitive controls, great audio and a simple, modern aesthetic. With 6 ins/6-outs, it provides a flexible set of connections for studio and stage, with the 4 analog outputs allowing for CV control of modular gear.
The MKII has metal casing rather than black plastic like the Audio 1 and Audio 2 have, making it heavier but also giving it a more solid feel, and has rubber feet to stop it slipping around while you use it. It has the same half-matte, half-reflective top like the Audio 1 and Audio 2, which has LED VU-meters for the main stereo inputs and all four analog inputs. It keeps the top-mounted volume knob from the original Audio 6, but only controls the output volume of channels 1 and 2.
The other controls are on the front, making it easy to use. There’s two combi mic/line/instrument inputs which have individual gain knobs and 48v phantom power, twin headphone sockets which each have independent volume control, and can be switched to monitor outputs 1 and 2, or 3 and 4, with a knob that mixes between direct input monitoring and software monitoring from the host.
It also comes with software including Ableton Live Lite, Machine Essentials, Replika, Mod Pack, Monark, and Solid Bus Comp, so you have everything you need to record and product tracks, with synths, effects, and more.
Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 Mk2 USB Audio Interface
The Komplete Audio 6 Mk2 features a marked upgrade in audio quality, with up to 24bit recording and 192kHz sample rates. Six inputs and outputs provide a flexible set of connections for studio or stage, with four analog outputs also allowing for CV control of modular gear. Included software comes with everything needed to record and produce tracks, plus synth effects and more, making it the perfect choice for modern production tasks.
Software included, Ableton Live Lite, Machine Essentials, Replika, Mod Pack, Monark, Solid Bus Comp.
- 6 Inputs:
- 2x combo-XLR I jack inputs with 48V phantom power, and gain control for flexible stereo recording
- 2 x jack line level inputs
- 1 x SPDIF digital stereo input (RCA)
- lx MIDI in
- 6 Outputs:
- 4 x DC coupled jack outputs
- (capable of control voltage output of up to +/-2V)
- 1 x SPDIF digital stereo output (RCA)
- 1 X MIDI out
- Audio Quality: Premium quality at 192 kHz and 24 bit
- 4 VU-input meters, and 1 output meter
- 48V, USB, and MIDI status LEDs
- Direct monitoring with mono/ stereo swi tch, and switchable 1-2 / 3-4 channels for blending audio playback while recording
- Big volume knob for quick volume adjustments
- 2x Headphone out with high power output and volume control
- USB 2.0 powered for maximum portability
- Compatible with Mac and PC (ASIO®/Core Audio/DirectSound® WASAPI)
- Kensington Security Slot
- MASCHI NE Essentials: Full MASCHINE software (same as with all MASCHINE hardware) plus 1.6 GB MASCHINE Factory Selection of samples , one shots, loops, and instruments. Option to upgrade to full MASCHINE Factory Library and KOMPLETE 12 Select.
- REPLIKA: professional creative delay plugin
- SOLID BUS COMP : powerful compressor for mixing and mastering
- MODPACK - 3 modulation effects:
- PHASIS: Timeless phasing sound combined with powerful
- new features. CHORAL: Classic chorus and more - add width, movement, and shimmer. FLAIR: turns the classic flanger on its head, creating tuned harmonic resonances.
- MONARK: warm vintage tones from the undisputed king of monophonic synths
- KOMPLETE START: Ni's free production suite is automatically included
- TRAKTOR LE 3: a lightweight edition of Ni's flagship DJ software
- Ableton Live Lite: music creation software
- 2 Months free subscription at Sounds.com
- macOS 10.12, 10.13 or 10.14 (latest update), Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended)
- Windows 10 (latest Service Pack) , Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended). TRAKTOR LE 3 also works on Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 version 1803 or later (64 Bit)
- USB 2.0 or higher (cable included)
- Graphics Card which Supports Open GL 2.1 or higher
- 3 GB free disk space for MASCHINE Essen tials, plus 1 GB free disk space for all other software
No upgrades available
This unit is very straightforward and "just works" which is very nice. It's simple, though having said that there are some functions which are not immediately obvious such as the Mono/Stereo button and 1-2, 3-4 buttons on the front. That wouldn't be so bad but currently there is no user manual available for the unit - for that it's losing a star for me as that's terrible, there is only a quick start guide available, which is not enough. Other than that the sound of the unit is pretty good and in general I'm very happy with it so far.
A very good interface good quality controls well laid ou. Can take a long time to download all the programs. Would prefer an included DVD of the easy startup instructions. .
I’m a newbie when it comes to audio interfaces, but this is so much better than my PC’s onboard sound. Recording quality using my MXL 770 mic is excellent, low noise and really low overall latency. I’ve had the ASIO buffer as low as 64 samples (2.5 to 3ms) on my 10 year old desktop PC and not had any issues. I like the form factor too, it’s really handing sat on my desk. The volume knob is easily accessible and the other controls feel solid too. I really enjoy the direct monitoring, not from a latency issue as I don’t really notice it much, but from a “conference call perspective” - when on headphones it’s really nice mixing your own voice with everyone else’s when having a group chat. It’s like all being in the same room and feels like the headphones disappear. The free software is nice too, new toy syndrome I know, but I love the reverb plugin! Overall I’m loving this significant upgrade to my system.
Bonza, loves it.
Not put it through its paces yet but happy with my purchase