Neumann TLM 107 Condenser Microphone (Black)
The Numann TLM107 boasts tremendous versatility, sound and innovative operation.
The TLM 107 features five directional characteristics and a novel operating concept. This large diaphragm mic provides sound without adding any unwanted coloration. The TLM 107 has very impressive level stability and low self noise capturing everything from whispers to drums. The mic is fantastic for broadcast, studio and home recording applications. The Neumann TLM107 has been designed to look as attractive as it sounds, and perfectly represents the Neumann philosophy: Innovation based on tradition. This microphone is a modern, impressive piece of workmanship.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Neumann Engineering - The newly developed sound transducer, which was designed especially for this microphone, is impressive with its outstanding impulse fidelity. The great consistency of the five polar patterns, omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8, with the intermediate patterns wide-angle cardioid and hypercardioid, is also unusual for a large-diaphragm capsule. The TLM 107 provides optimal sound not only for the cardioid setting; it also ensures maximum precision over the entire frequency range for all of the other directional characteristics. The sound always remains balanced, with an almost linear reproduction up to 8 kHz, and a slight boost in the highest frequencies that lends presence and freshness to the voice. Here particular attention has been paid to the natural reproduction of speech sounds, especially the critical "s" sound. The grille is acoustically optimized for low sensitivity to pop sounds. In addition, the sound transducer is edge-terminated, with both diaphragms at ground voltage. Specifically, this ensures considerably reduced sensitivity to dust and humidity.
- No-Compromise Sound Design - Transformerless circuitry permits a high degree of linearity and a large dynamic range. The self-noise of only 10 dB-A is practically inaudible, while at the same time, the TLM 107 features high level stability. The maximum sound pressure level of 141 dB SPL can be increased to 153 dB SPL via pre-attenuation (Pad). This enables the TLM 107 to transmit the sound of even the loudest instruments without distortion. The Low Cut settings of Linear, 40 Hz, and 100 Hz are precisely adapted to practical recording situations. Without side effects, the 40 Hz setting cuts interference noise below the range of fundamental tones (where 41 Hz is the frequency of the double bass open E string), while the 100 Hz setting is optimized for speech and vocals (where 100 Hz corresponds to the lowest notes of a baritone).
- Innovative Operating Concept - For the first time, all of the microphone switch functions are controlled intuitively via a navigation switch. A visual highlight is the illuminated pattern display in the chrome ring, while the Pad and Low Cut status is displayed by LEDs to the left and right of the switch. In order not to distract singers, the switch and display are located on the back of the microphone. After 15 seconds, the displays are turned off automatically.
- Delivery Package - The TLM 107 is available in the colors matte nickel and black. A stand mount (SG 2) is included.
- Acoustical operating principle - Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern - Omnidirectional, wide angle cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-8
- Frequency range - 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm - 11 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance - 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance - 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1) - 22 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1) - 10 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) - 72 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) - 84 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2) - 141 dB
- with preattenuation -6 dB - 147 dB
- with preattenuation -12 dB - 153 dB
- Max. output voltage for THD < 0.5 % - 10 dBu
- Power Supply (IEC 61938) - P48
- Current consumption - 3.2 mA
- Required connector - XLR 3 F
- Weight - 445 g
- Diameter - 64 mm
- Length - 145 mm