Novation MiniNova Synthesizer
Novation Product Overview
The Novation MiniNova is a powerful mini-keys synth with incredible hands-on performance controls, VocalTune and vocoder effects. The MiniNova uses the same sound engine as the Novation UltraNova, so even though this is a much more compact unit it can still pack a punch. The Novation MiniNova features brand new VocalTune and classic vocoder effects, 256 professional onboard sounds, and even comes with audio editing software. ***News just in, did you miss the Morodernova? Have no fear! Anyone who registers a Mininova - old or new - will now find 30 of the Moroder's 50 MoroderNova patches on their account page when they log-in.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400.
- Hugely powerful mini-synth with UltraNova's sound engine
- Brand new VocalTune and classic vocoder effects
- Tweak and warp your sounds in realtime
- 256 awesome onboard sounds - instantly searchable
- Layer up to 5 effects per voice
- Comes with editing software and a software patch librarian
- Run guitars and other instruments though the vocoder and effects
- 37 key controller keyboard with MIDI I/O
- News just in, did you miss the Morodernova? Have no fear!
- Anyone who registers a Mininova - old or new - will now find 30 of the Moroder's 50 MoroderNova patches on their account page when they log-in.
- MiniNova is a powerful mini-keys synth with incredible hands-on performance controls, VocalTune and vocoder effects.
- MiniNova is a compact, super-cool performance synth with the same sound engine as its big brother: the UltraNova. It comes with 256 incredible onboard sounds which you can tweak with 5 knobs, or totally warp with 8 'animate' buttons. MiniNova also has an onboard VocalTune effect as well as a classic vocoder so you can recreate iconic vocal sounds from Hip Hop, Urban and electronic music.
- What is MiniNova?
- MiniNova is a powerful mini-keys synth with incredible performance controls which enable you to tweak and warp the onboard sounds, and your own voice. It has the same synth-engine as its big brother - the UltraNova - and comes with 256 awesome sounds so you can get started straight away. If you want to dig deeper, it's got a fully editable Nova-class synth engine (derived from the legendary Supernova series in the 1990s).
- Is MiniNova for you?
- MiniNova's compact size, massive sound and performance/editing controls make it perfect for producers, gigging musicians and anyone creating music with computers - it can also be a 37 key controller keyboard with MIDI I/O. The VocalTune and vocoder enable you to recreate classic vocal effects, as well as brand new voice-bending possibilities!
- Choose your sound
- MiniNova has 256 onboard sounds and space to save another 128 of your own sounds. You can quickly search for sounds by selecting the type of music you're making, or the type of sound you're after whether it's bass, lead - hip hop or techno. MiniNova comes with a free software Patch Librarian so you can store as many sounds as you want on your computer. If 256 is not enough, there are numerous soundpacks for MiniNova assembled by renowned artists and sound designers. These can be downloaded free from: novationmusic.com/soundpacks
- Tweak, warp and arpeggiate your sound
- MiniNova can do things other synths can't. It has knobs which allow you to tweak and edit the sounds, but it can also 'animate' sound with 8 back-lit buttons. These trigger 'mods' in the synth engine that can warp sound in incredible ways as you play. There is also a large knob for filter cutoff so you can get instant control of the filter whatever else you are doing. MiniNova has an arpeggiator; you can use the 8 buttons to jam with arpeggios creating totally new sequences in realtime.
- Classic & brand-new vocal effects
- MiniNova takes vocal effects one step further. As well as a vocoder, it has VocalTune. This means you can talk into the mic and play the tune you want your voice to follow on the keyboard recreating those classic Hip Hop / Urban vocal effects. You can also run your voice through MiniNova's effects engine, adding reverb, distortion, chorus/phase, gator compression or EQ. This doesn't need to be limited to your voice; there is an input which you can plug a guitar or any other instrument and give it the same treatment; effects or vocoder.
- The synth engine & effects
- MiniNova has an enormously powerful synth engine, unheard of in such a compact synth. There are 14 conventional waveforms to choose from (square, sine, sawtooth, pulse, triangle and combinations), 36 wavetables and 20 digital waveforms. Each of the 3 oscillators (per voice) have density/detune for fattening up sounds, virtual sync and 'hardness' - which acts as an additional lowpass filter. There are 14 filter types (and you can run 2 simultaneously), 6 envelope generators, 3 LFOs and 20 modulation slots where you can link modules of the synth engine together to shape sound. MiniNova can add up to 5 effects to each voice including distortion, reverb, chorus/phase, delay, compressor, EQ and Novation's unique gator effect.
- Editing software included
- Editing sounds in such a powerful synth can be overwhelming, so we've created a software application gives you visual access to the synth engine. The MiniNova Editor works as a plug-in within your DAW or music software. You can fully edit MiniNova using the hardware, the software just makes it more simple to see what you are doing.