Orange Fur Coat Vintage Fuzz Octave Pedal
The Orange Fur Coat Fuzz is loosely based on the old Foxx Tone Machine which was a great fuzz from 1970. A version of this was later made by Prescription Electronics under the name Experience, which added a swell feature to the existing design. These are also sought after and sell for lots of money secondhand.
On the Fur Coat, we’ve made the Octave-up adjustable so that it can be turned down from being flat-out. This took a bit of redesigning and in doing so we also managed to remove the DC offset from the Octave stomp switch, resulting in the octave being instantly engaged or disengaged. Also, with this modified circuit, the Octave can be dialled in and out using the guitar volume between 8 and 10 as long as the Octave on the Fur Coat Fuzz is less than flat-out.
This is our only True Bypass pedal. The reason for this is that Fuzz is always better without a buffer placed in front of it as a passive pickup on the guitar is part of the circuit. This is always best used at the front of the chain, directly connected to the guitar with any subsequent pedals following it. If used with a buffer in front of it, the Fuzz will be more like distortion and the octave will be much more pronounced.
- Vintage Fuzz: The Orange Fur Coat fuzz can be used into a clean amp or an amp with some hair. When used into an overdriven amp, it creates a unique, thick “fur coat” of vintage fuzz.
- Adjustable Octave: Something quite rare, rather than simply being able to switch it on/off, the Fur Coat adds octave up as you increase the octave control.
- Low Power Consumption: The Orange Fur Coat fuzz draws very little current (much less than 10mA) allowing for long battery life. Use a regulated 9-12V DC centre-negative power supply.
No upgrades available
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year