Orange Two Stroke Boost EQ Pedal
The Orange Two Stroke Boost EQ is the result of the desire to produce a clean boost pedal with extra versatility. The combination of an active dual parametricEQ and up to 12dB of output boost lets you tweak your boost tone so it isn't just your normal tone but louder. This is particularly useful if you normally sit low in the mix and want to use the Two Stroke to cut through. Rhythm guitarists, this is your time to shine. The Two Stroke essentially gives you an extra amp channel but with the advantage that you can place it anywhere on your pedalboard for a different outcome.
If you want to boost and enhance your tone, look no further than the Orange Two Stroke Boost EQ.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- The Two Stroke's Oil knob controls the level of clean boost by up to 12dB - plenty to saturate your amp's front end. What's more, the pedal's internal charge pump means the gain is genuinely clean. On many other pedals of this type, 'unity gain' is normally found at between 9-12 o'clock on the output level control, meaning much of the travel of the pot is actually wasted. Unity gain on the Two Stroke is at the Oil control's minimum setting, allowing for more control across its range. If you just want to hear the effect of the pedal's EQ, set the Oil to zero. Simple.
- Parametric EQ has many advantages over a traditional tone stack, or even a graphic equaliser. With no pre-defined frequencies, parametric allows for seamless control over your tone without complex sliders that can actually limit tonal flexibility and sound over-dramatic and unnatural. The Two Stroke features dual independent parametric bands, Hi (850Hz - 8.2kHz) and Lo (120Hz - 1.2kHz), which cover a wide and usable range. Each band has a finely tuned Q curve along with up to 18dB of cut or boost, meaning the Two Stroke is capable of shaping an infinite number of sounds with a smoothness that is lacking in most graphic EQs. With the Hi and Lo controls set to noon, the frequency response is totally neutral when all you need is a completely transparent boost.
- Like all Orange pedals, the Two Stoke features an internal charge pump which doubles the operating voltage to 18V. This has the effect of drastically increasing the headroom of the pedal whilst lowering the noise floor of the EQ. The result: the cleans are clearer and the tone circuit is significantly quieter than a regular 9V pedal. Plus it'll take a hot signal without floundering, meaning the Two Stroke stacks really well with overdrive and distortion pedals. The Two Stroke can be powered by 9V battery or standard DC adapter, or for even more output can also run on 12V DC.
- Whilst 'true bypass' switching is well intentioned, many players are now realising the importance of a high quality buffer in their signal chain in order to maintain tonal integrity. The Two Stroke's buffered bypass takes care of this with its ultra-linear, low impedance buffered bypass switching, retaining your guitar's upper harmonic content even with long cable runs and large pedal boards. It also eliminates the problem of switching 'thump' common to true-bypass pedals, so you can step on the Two Stroke with confidence.
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year