Roland AIRA E-4 Voice Tweaker
Roland AIRA E-4 Voice Tweaker
The E-4 Voice Tweaker is an outrageously jammable box of fun that harmonises, auto-pitches, vocodes, loops, and glitches your voice and anything else you feed it.
Flip through hands-on controls to manipulate the sound, and chain in AIRA Compacts and other electronic instruments and let them ride in perfect sync.
- Vocal performance tool with powerful voice transformer effects
- Instantly shape the sound with pitch and formant sliders
- Advanced vocal effects including Auto Pitch, harmony, and vocoder
- Dial up unique rhythmic effects with the Scatter knob
- Process the sound output with high-quality reverb, echo, tempo delay, and chorus effects
- Low-cut filter and noise gate to eliminate unwanted sounds
- 24-second looper with unlimited overdubbing, undo/redo, and automatic BPM detection
- Supports external MIDI control of pitch, harmony, and vocoder functions
- ¼-inch mic input with wide-ranging gain control
- Headphones output with support for an inline mic
- Comprehensive connectivity with audio, MIDI, and sync I/O plus AIRA Link
- Class-compliant USB-C audio/MIDI interface—no drivers needed
- Lithium-ion battery with up to 3.5 hours of operation per charge
- Sturdy construction and robust controls
- Connect to other AIRA Compacts and standard MIDI devices with optional BOSS TRS MIDI cables
Inspiring Roland vocal processing. The E-4 combines powerful voice transformer tools and standard vocal effects with a tactile interface that’s meant to be played. This lean, mean machine puts a treasure trove of top-quality processing in a go-everywhere gadget that’s endlessly enjoyable and amazingly affordable.
Perform with sound. By working the E-4’s inviting panel, you can go from traditional vocal enhancements to punchy beatboxed grooves to striking alien soundscapes—all in a single performance. Select different sonic shapers, trigger looper controls, cycle through Scatter effects, and tweak pitch, formant, and more in the flow.
Harmonic explorer. Take your singing to the next level with automatic harmony effects. Set the key and chord voicing on the fly and bring head-turning flair to any song. And with Auto Pitch, you can dial in everything from subtle tuning fixes to the hard-tuned sounds heard in mainstream pop tracks.
Channel your inner robot. Use direct-access tools to instantly change your vocal gender, conjure sounds from outer space, or transform yourself into a mechanical persona (good or evil is up to you). There’s also a powerful vocoder, which you can drive from a large pool of onboard synth waveforms, the E-4’s pitch functions, or an external MIDI keyboard for an endless variety of textures.
Loop and Scatter. Turn one voice into an entire orchestra using the 24-second looper. Overdub layer after layer with the E-4's effects to create wild, vocal-driven rides. Then slice and dice with the expressive Scatter knob, which chops your sound into colourful bits that you control with a twist.
Link up and go. Connect a handheld mic to the front input for performing, or use a gaming headset or the inline mic on your earbuds to bring fresh vocal fun to your next livestream or podcast. Sync with other AIRA Compacts like the T-8 Beat Machine and J-6 Chord Synthesizer to expand your range. Or interface with computer DAWS, mobile music apps, and hardware instruments via USB-C or MIDI.
Everywhere at once. The E-4 creatively accentuates vocals anytime and anywhere. The lithium-ion battery provides up to 3.5 hours of power per charge, and the rugged Roland build will support inspired magic and mayhem for a long, long time.
- USB Type-C to USB Type-A Cable
- Read Me First Leaflet
- Effect Type
- AUTO PITCH
- Maximum Recording Time
- Approximately 24 seconds
- 7 segments, 4 characters (LED)
- SYNC (IN, OUT) jacks: Miniature phone type
- MIX (IN, OUT) / HEADSET jacks: Stereo miniature phone type (Stereo, CTIA)
- MIDI (IN, OUT) jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
- MIC IN jack: Stereo phone type
- USB port: USB Type-C® (Audio, MIDI)
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
- Current Draw
- 500 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Approx. 3.5 hours
- • These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Expected battery charging time
- Approx. 3 hours
- • To charge the unit, use the USB port of a computer or a commercially available USB power supply adaptor (5 V, 500 mA or higher).
- 188 (W) x 106.5 (D) x 41.7 (H) mm
- 7-7/16 (W) x 4-1/4 (D) x 1-11/16 (H) inches
- Weight (including batteries)
- 290 g
- 11 oz
- Leaflet ”Read Me First”
- USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable
No upgrades available