Roland AIRA J-6 Chord Synth
Roland AIRA J-6 Chord Synth
The J-6 Chord Synthesizer is an endless well of musical inspiration, pairing a powerful chord sequencer with the lavish tones of the renowned JUNO-60 synth.
Generate soul-stirring song ideas in seconds, and experiment with styles and variations to coax dancing lines and rhythmic patterns from your chords. Add lush effects to frost your sound, and expand your possibilities by interfacing with other AIRA Compacts, MIDI hardware, and music production software.
- Portable song creation machine with professional Roland sound and features
- Create with 100 chord sets spanning classic and contemporary music genres
- Add arpeggios and rhythmic phrases to chords via nine styles with 12 variations in each
- Programmable chord sequencer with 64 user patterns and up to 64 steps in each
- Four-voice JUNO-60 synth engine with authentic sound realised through Analog Circuit Behaviour (ACB) technology
- Includes 64 ready-to-play synth presets derived from the original JUNO-60
- Filter and envelope controls for shaping synth sounds in real time
- High-quality delay and reverb effects with customisable settings
- Comprehensive connectivity with audio, MIDI, and sync I/O plus AIRA Link
- Class-compliant USB-C audio/MIDI interface—no drivers needed
- Lithium-ion battery with up to 4.5 hours of operation per charge
- Sturdy construction and high-quality rubber pads
- Connect to other AIRA Compacts and standard MIDI devices with optional BOSS TRS MIDI cables
Chord heaven. With 100 chord sets spanning a wide range of genres, you’ll always find fresh fuel for songs and jams with the J-6. There’s no need to know chords or theory to make cool music—simply call up a set and compose chord progressions on the fly with one-touch presses on the keyboard. Generate ideas for new tunes, create accompaniment for live performances, or send chord information to other MIDI gear.
Move and groove. Using the J-6’s style banks and variations, it’s easy to infuse static chords with dynamic energy and compelling movement. Transform an idea with sweeping arpeggios and rhythmic phrases, and keep the groove running non-stop with a press of the hold button.
Craft your next hit. Once you’ve got a chord progression in mind, bring it together with the J-6 chord sequencer. There are 64 patterns with up to 64 steps each, and you can quickly enter chords, style variations, single notes, and tempo changes in each step to mould your masterpieces.
Tweak and tweeze. After you’ve captured a pattern on the J-6, hit play and inject even more colour with tactile controls. Select different synth presets, tweak the filter and envelope in real time, and complete the picture with customisable reverb and delay effects.
Historic JUNO sound. The J-6 puts the influential synth sound behind decades of hits in your pocket or backpack. Our acclaimed Analog Circuit Behaviour (ACB) technology realises the famous JUNO-60 voice in flawless detail, complete with 64 presets derived from the original. Use the J-6 engine with the chord sequencer, play it from the onboard keyboard or an external MIDI controller, or use it as a sound module in an expanded setup.
Expand your vision. The J-6 has the connectivity you need to integrate with other AIRA Compacts and larger music rigs. Back your chord creations with drums and bass from the T-8 Beat Machine, and add evocative vocal textures with the E-4 Voice Tweaker. Or interface with computer DAWS, mobile music apps, and hardware instruments via USB-C or MIDI. Everywhere at once. Compact and convenient, the J-6 is ready to deliver instant inspiration everywhere you go. The lithium-ion battery provides up to 4.5 hours of runtime per charge, while the rugged Roland build ensures years of musical pleasure.
- USB Type-C to USB Type-A Cable
- Read Me First Leaflet
- User Patterns
- Maximum measures: 64
- Preset Patches: 64
- DELAY, REVERB
- 7 segments, 4 characters (LED)
- SYNC (IN, OUT) jacks: Miniature phone type
- MIX (IN, OUT) /PHONES jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB port: USB Type-C® (Audio, MIDI)
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
- Current Draw
- 500 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Approx. 4.5 hours
- • These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Expected battery charging time
- Approx. 3 hours
- • To charge the unit, use the USB port of a computer or a commercially available USB power supply adaptor (5 V, 500 mA or higher).
- 188 (W) x 106 (D) x 36.2 (H) mm
- 7-7/16 (W) x 4-3/16 (D) x 1-7/16 (H) inches
- Weight (including batteries)
- 295 g
- 11 oz
- Leaflet ”Read Me First”
- USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable
No upgrades available