Roland SE-02 Analog Synthesizer
Roland Product Overview
A collaborative effort from Roland and Studio Electronics, the SE-02 uses authentic discrete analog circuitry to create a synthesizer with a distinctly vintage sound and complete programmability. With a large array of quality knobs and switches, and a uniquely creative onboard sequencer, the SE-02 delivers massive tone and texture with expressive hands-on control.
The SE-02's monophonic synthesizer engine features three voltage-controlled oscillators, a voltage-controlled 24 dB low-pass filter, and a dual gain stage amplifier. The oscillators are temperature stabilized with automatic tuning to keep your sound true.
The SE-02 is big and bold, with booming lows and clear, vibrant highs. Go far beyond basic analog sound with three types of cross modulation, a filter feedback loop, multiple mode LFO with nine waveforms, envelope sweeping and inverting, oscillator sync, noise, and a digital delay.
To get started, you can choose from 384 expertly programmed preset sounds, covering a wide range of classic and modern tones. Tweak and modify these sounds, or create something completely new, storing your own custom creations in the 128 available user locations.
The SE-02 includes a full-featured 16-step sequencer to add motion and dimension to your sounds. Per-step gate time, adjustable glide, tempo, and patch number are stored with each sequence. Creative performance features allow you to set shuffle, scale, direction, and first/last step. The SE-02 stores 128 sequence patterns, and 16 songs can be constructed, each with up to 16 parts.
- Discrete analog circuitry with knob-per-function interface
- Three voltage controlled oscillators with six waveforms
- Temperature-stabilized oscillators with automatic tuning
- 24 dB low-pass filter and dual gain-stage amplifier
- Three types of cross modulation (XMOD), feedback loop, and noise generator
- Tempo-syncing LFO with nine waveforms
- Tempo-syncing digital delay with bypass to maintain analog signal path
- Save and recall sounds with 384 preset and 128 user locations
- Musical and intuitive pattern sequencer with song mode
- Sequence notes, gate time, glide, and synth parameters
- CV, VCF CV and gate inputs, plus trigger in/out
- External Input for routing audio through the SE-02’s filter section
- Standard MIDI, USB-MIDI, and USB-Audio
- Create a polyphonic synth by using Chain Mode to connect two or more SE-02s together via MIDI