Roland RP701 Digital Piano, Dark Rosewood
Roland RP701 Digital Piano
Here’s What Roland Say:
“The Roland RP701 is Roland’s most affordable upright piano to come in a wooden spinet cabinet with a lid that can sit in either a classic or panel position. This means you can use the classic postion to hide the buttons on the control to make the piano look even more traditional. It has an individually weighted keybed, meaning that each key gradually gets lighter from left to right, just like an acoustic piano. If you are wanting the feel and sound of an acoustic piano, but do not have the space to fit one in your home, the RP701 is perfect for you. The RP701 shares all the technology from the slimline F701, which has a more modern space-saving look and includes Bluetooth Audio/MIDI, an Audio Input and the ability to play audio files from a USB Flashdrive. It also has the renowned SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine, with 256 note polyphony, which is the most dynamic and expressive piano engine on the market and is easily controllable with onboard ring-lit buttons and an OLED screen. Connect it to the free to download Piano Everyday App, which unlocks more features, rhythms and a remote control that easily operates the piano. Available in Contemporary Black, White, Light Oak and Dark Rosewood. The RP701 comes with a 3-year warranty when registering your product with Roland Backstage.”
Overview By GAK
At GAK we like the Roland RP701 Digital Piano due to it’s compact and classic design. It has a smaller footprint that the large majority of acoustic upright pianos, meaning it can fit in almost any home. It is incredibly popular with families, students and working professionals that want the aesthetic of an acoustic upright with all the benefits of a Digital Piano. It has a solid single-piece top with elegant curved front legs and is the first spinet style Roland Piano to come in a wooden finish.
For a piano that has all the same features with a slimline lifestyle cabinet, check out the F701.
For a piano that has upgraded features, an evolved modelled sound engine, increased polyphony, a more powerful speaker amplifier and a 10-Year warranty, check out the HP-702.
Overview By Roland
Everything your family needs to start playing piano.
If you’re looking at a piano for the whole family, the Roland RP701 is the perfect package. Sound quality and keyboard feel are the two most important factors when learning to play, and this affordable digital instrument offers bright, rich tone courtesy of Roland’s SuperNATURAL Piano technology, plus our highly playable PHA-4 Standard keyboard for the authentic feel of an acoustic piano.
The RP701 is also designed to be so intuitive to use that even younger players can jump in right away. Easy-to-read icons and a clutter-free front panel ensure that the focus is on playing and enjoyment, not reading the owner’s manual. And with built-in Bluetooth connectivity for streaming music from your smartphone and accessing a world of apps, there’s always something new to try and keep everyone motivated. Fill the room with music via the powerful onboard speakers, sharpen your skills in private with immersive Headphones 3D Ambience, or simply appreciate the traditional look of a high-class piano that brings a note of sophistication to your home.
Whether you’d like your children to learn or you’re returning to the piano yourself, the RP701 has the sound, feel, and looks for the whole family to enjoy.
Just like playing a traditional acoustic grand.
If you’re used to playing your piano teacher’s acoustic, you’ll find the RP701 a smooth transition. This digital piano feels instantly familiar, not only capturing the sound of each note in minute detail, but also reflecting your touch and dynamics. The powerful onboard SuperNATURAL sound engine means you’ll hear all the subtle changes in tone and resonance, just as you would on an acoustic instrument. That lifelike tone is matched by the PHA-4 Standard keyboard, whose escapement and ivory-touch white keys feel just right, even down to the distinctive “click” when each one is played. Also included is a Progressive Damper Action pedal, so you can practice the same half-pedal techniques you’ve learned at music lessons.
Easy to operate. Intuitive to play.
The RP701’s simple controls and friendly icons make it easy for younger players to access all the basics on their own—without you standing over them. From 300-plus onboard songs and a practice-friendly metronome to recording functions and app connectivity, it’s all right under the fingers. Sit down and enjoy rich, powerful sound from the twin speakers. Or when you want to focus on playing without distractions, simply slide the keyboard lid to hide the control panel, connect headphones, and lose yourself in Headphones 3D Ambience that surrounds you with warm, evocative piano sound.
An elegant design that matches your home.
If you’re drawn to the classic contours of an acoustic piano, the RP701 will appeal to you. Influenced by the award-winning design of Roland’s high-end LX and HP series, the sophisticated cabinet blends curves and straight lines, with slim front legs that complete the visual statement. Available in four finishes, the RP701 blends into a wide variety of room styles. Try soothing and subtle dark rosewood, or a light oak finish with its fusion of elegant oak grain and fashionable greige accents. Or just keep it classic with the striking white or contemporary black options.
Fast-track learning with apps and Bluetooth.
Great digital pianos include features that keep the whole family interested, so everyone’s more likely to keep playing. Using Bluetooth audio, you can connect to your tablet or smartphone, stream music through the RP701’s speakers or headphones, and then play along with your favorite artists. And with Bluetooth MIDI, it’s simple to explore online teaching platforms like Skoove or try Roland’s Piano Every Day app, which automatically records your performance for self-assessment and challenges you to learn a new piece with the One Week Master program.
- • Rich expression from Roland’s SuperNATURAL Piano technology
- • All the feel and touch of an acoustic piano with the PHA-4 Standard keyboard and Progressive Damper Action pedal
- • Classic design with elegant front legs and sophisticated curves
- • Headphones 3D Ambience for an immersive and realistic playing experience when practicing with headphones
- • Intuitive display with easy-to-use icons, which are hidden when not in use
- • Connect to your smartphone via Bluetooth audio and play along with your favorite songs
- • Compatible with Roland’s Piano Every Day app, which encourages learning pianists to practice more often
- • Available in dark rosewood, light oak, white, and contemporary black finishes
- [Sound Generator]
- -Piano Sound
- SuperNATURAL Piano
- -Max. Polyphony
- 256 voices
- Total 324 Tones
- PHA-4 Standard Keyboard: with Escapement and Ivory Feel (88 keys)
- Damper (Progressive Damper Action Pedal, capable of continuous detection)
- Soft (capable of continuous detection, function assignable)
- Sostenuto (function assignable)
- [Speaker System]
- 12 cm (4-3/4 inches) x 2
- -Rated Power Output
- 12 W x 2
- Effect: Headphones 3D Ambience
- [Tuning, Voicing]
- -Touch Sensitivity
- Key Touch: 100 types, fixed touch
- Hammer Response: 10 types
- -Master Tuning
- 415.3--466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- 10 types (Equal, Just Major, Just Minor, Pythagorean, Kirnberger I, Kirnberger II, Kirnberger III, Meantone, Werckmeister, Arabic), selectable temperament key
- - Effects
- Brilliance, Ambience
- -Piano Designer
- String Resonance
- Damper Resonance
- Key Off Resonance
- Single Note Tuning
- Single Note Volume
- Single Note Character
- [Internal Songs]
- Total 377 songs
- Listening: 10 songs
- Ensemble: 30 songs
- Entertainment: 20 songs
- Let's Sing with DO RE MI: 30 songs
- Lesson: 287 songs (Scale, Hanon, Beyer, Burgmuller, Czerny 100)
- [Data Playback]
- -Playable Software
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0, 1)
- Audio File (WAV: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format, MP3: 44.1 kHz, 64 kbps - 320 kbps, requires USB Flash Memory)
- -Recordable Software
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0, 3 parts, Approx. 70,000 notes memory)
- Audio File (WAV: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format, requires USB Flash Memory)
- Audio: Bluetooth Ver 3.0 (Supports SCMS-T content protection)
- MIDI: Bluetooth Ver 4.0
- [Compatible Android / iOS Apps (Roland)]
- Piano Every Day
- Piano Designer
- [Convenient Functions]
- Metronome (adjustable Tempo/Beat/Down beat/Pattern/Volume/Tone)
- Transpose (in semitones)
- Speaker volume and Headphones volume automatically select function
- Volume limit function
- Speaker Auto Mute
- Panel Lock
- Auto Off
- Music rest: Fixed angle, with Music holders
- Key cover: Slide type, with Classic Position
- Graphic OLED 128 x 64 dots
- DC In jack
- Input jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB Computer port: USB B type
- USB Memory port: USB A type
- Phones jack x 2: Stereo miniature phone type, Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- -Power Supply
- AC adaptor
- -Power Consumption
- Power Consumption: 20 W (when using the included AC adaptor)
- * Approximate power consumption when playing the piano at medium volume: 4 W
- * Power consumption when sound has not been played after power-on: 3 W
- With music rest:
- 1,366 (W) x 463 (D) x 1,027 (H) mm
- 53-13/16 (W) x 18-1/4 (D) x 40-7/16 (H) inches
- 46.0 kg/101 lbs 7 oz
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- The collection of scores "Roland Piano Masterpieces" (CHINA only)
- AC adaptor
- Power cord
- Headphone hook
- -Option (sold separately)