Roland System-500 505 Modular VCF
Roland System-500 505 Modular VCF overview from GAK
Inspired by vintage Roland modular synths of the 1970s, these new additions to the SYSTEM-500 family not only expand on the SYSTEM-100m-based modules, but also explore fresh territory. Designed in Eurorack format, the SYSTEM-500 delivers the classic character and functionality of vintage Roland modular synths, with all the advantages of a modern instrument. The SYSTEM-500 is made to exacting standards in a collaborative design and production process between Malekko in Portland, USA and Roland in Hamamatsu, Japan.
The SYSTEM-500 consists of Eurorack format modules that you can mix and match in any combination to create the ultimate Roland modular synthesizer. Each module is completely analog and has been designed for maximum compatibility with the world of contemporary synthesizer and effects modules. The SYSTEM-500 is a compact, powerful system that opens up vast possibilities for sound design and musical exploration.
Inject the sound of the Roland SH-5’s revered filter section into your modular rig. The Roland SH-5 is one of the most sought after monosynths in history. Its dual architecture was deep and sounded massive. It also happened to have one of the most distinguished filters of any monosynth in history. Combining a multi-mode filter with a band-pass filter, it produced a sound that has propelled it to “favorite filter ever” territory for many. In stark contrast to the traditional Ladder filter design, the SH-5’s filter maintained its bass response with a meaty resonance growl. With the SYS-505, Roland and Malekko have brought this highly-coveted filter, in all its sonic glory, to the Eurorack format. With switchable outputs, built-in VCAs, and CV control of cutoff, resonance, this dual filter gives you two different vintage filter characters in a flexible and compact 16hp module.
- - VCF SELECT switch (1, 2)
- - FREQUENCY slider (1, 2)
- - RESONANCE slider (1, 2)
- - FILTER TYPE switch
- - MODULATION IN FREQUENCY slider (1, 2)
- - MODULATION IN RESONANCE slider (1, 2)
- - MODULATION IN LEVEL slider (1, 2)
- - SIGNAL IN jack (1, 2): Miniature phone type
- - KEY IN jack (1, 2): Miniature phone type
- - OUT jack (1, 2): Miniature phone type
- - MODURATION IN FREQUENCY jack (1, 2): Miniature phone type
- - MODURATION IN RESONANCE jack (1, 2): Miniature phone type
- - MODURATION IN LEVEL jack (1, 2): Miniature phone type
- Power Supply
- - Eurorack power
- Current draw
- - 85 mA (+12 V)
- - 90 mA (-12 V)
- - Owner's Manual
- - Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- - Eurorack installation screws (4 pcs)
- - Eurorack power cable
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - Width 80.8 mm 3-3/16 inches
- - Depth 128.5 mm 5-1/16 inches
- - Height 57.2 mm 2-1/4 inches
- - Weight 191 g 07 oz