Roland TM-2 Trigger Module
Roland TM-2 Trigger Module
The Easy Way to Bring Hybrid Versatility to Your Acoustic Drum Set
Battery powered and small in size, the TM-2 Trigger Module provides a simple solution for enhancing acoustic drums with the creative versatility of electronic percussion. Two trigger inputs support a wide variety of pads and drum triggers from Roland, while the ready-to-play pro sounds are optimized for augmenting live acoustic drums and extending the percussion capabilities of any drum set. Studio-quality multi-effects are on tap to process your kits, and you can even trigger your own custom WAV sounds, loops, and backing tracks via an SDHC card. By combining the TM-2 with products such as Roland's BT-1 Bar Trigger Pad, KT-10 Kick Trigger Pedal, or RT-series acoustic drum triggers, it's never been easier or more affordable to create a powerful hybrid drum kit that blends acoustic and electronic elements together.
A Convenient and Affordable Way to Create a Powerful Hybrid Drum Kit
With its ultra-compact size, simple operation, and very affordable price, the TM-2 gives you a hassle-free way to bring the power of Roland electronic percussion to your acoustic drum kit. It mounts quickly and unobtrusively onto a hi-hat stand or drum rack using standard hardware, while the convenience of battery-powered operation eliminates the need to bring AC power to your setup. The intuitive panel features straightforward controls for assigning sounds to the trigger inputs and saving them as kits, plus large, easy-to-press buttons for calling up kits as you perform.
Trigger Inputs for Roland Pads and Acoustic Drum Triggers
The TM-2 is equipped with trigger inputs for connecting two pads or trigger devices at once. Nearly any pad in Roland's extensive V-Drums lineup can be used, including those that support dual triggering. When building a hybrid kit, ideal partners for the TM-2 include the BT-1 Bar Trigger Pad, which has a curved shape that mounts onto the rim of an acoustic drum, and the new KT-10 Kick Trigger Pedal, which features an innovative, all-in-one design and compact size that fits comfortably alongside other pedals in your kit. The TM-2 also works great with Roland's RT-series acoustic drum triggers that mount on kick, snare, and tom drums.
Ready-to-Play Pro Sounds for Enhancing Acoustic Drums in Live Performances
In top-level playing situations, professional drummers and sound engineers strive to create polished, high-impact sounds when amplifying live acoustic drums through a PA system. With the TM-2 and RT-series acoustic drum triggers, it's simple to achieve processed, concert-quality drum sounds wherever you play. The trigger module offers a wide range of acoustic sounds and tonal elements optimized for layering with acoustic drums, as well as a generous selection of electronic sounds for modern music styles. In addition, the TM-2's traditional percussion instruments such as cowbell, wood block, wind chimes, and others are perfect for extending the capabilities of any acoustic kit with a compact device such as the BT-1 Bar Trigger Pad.
User Sound Expansion via SDHC Cards
It's easy to use your own sounds with the TM-2, such as studio-processed drums from song recordings, sound effects, looped grooves, or even complete backing tracks. Just copy WAV audio files from your computer onto an SDHC card, and then insert it into the trigger module's card slot - that's it! You can use your own sounds right alongside the internal sounds as you build kits, which you can also process with the TM-2's great onboard multi-effects.
Expand Your Creative Possibilities with MIDI
MIDI I/O in the TM-2 allows you to greatly expand your electronic percussion setup with external devices. You can trigger sounds in V-Drums modules, keyboards, and synth modules, and connect to a computer via a MIDI interface to record MIDI data and play sounds in popular music software. It's also possible to play the TM-2's sounds-both internal sounds and WAV sounds stored on an SDHC card-from an external MIDI device.
- Compact trigger module for acoustic drummers looking to enhance their kits with electronic percussion
- Over 100 ready-to-play professional sounds, ranging from acoustic drums and percussion to modern electronic instruments
- Includes many sounds and tonal elements designed for layering with acoustic drums, providing enhanced, high-impact sounds for playing live drums through a PA system
- Suitable for all genres, from rock and metal to electronic music
- SDHC card slot lets users trigger their own WAV sounds stored on SDHC media, from one-shot samples and loop phrases to complete backing tracks
- Two trigger inputs that support both single- and dual-trigger pads
- Simple and intuitive user interface for creating and selecting kits
- Process kits with powerful effects such as reverb, flanger, delay, and more
- Compatible with Roland RT-series acoustic drum triggers and Roland percussion pads, including the BT-1 Bar Trigger Pad, KT-10 Kick Trigger Pedal, V-Pads, and V-Cymbals
- Powered by batteries or included AC adapter; runs for up to four hours on four AA-size batteries
- Included mounting plate allows the TM-2 to be attached to a hi-hat stand or drum rack with a standard multi-clamp
- MIDI I/O for triggering sounds in external sound modules, capturing MIDI data in music software, and playing the TM-2 from other devices
- - 99
- Internal Instruments
- - 162
- User Instrument
- - Number of User Instruments: Maximum 90,300
- - File Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits, Stereo/Mono)
- - Storage Media: SD/SDHC Memory Card (Max. 32 GB)
- - Multi-Effects: 1 system, 11 types
- - 16 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD)
- - OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- - PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- - TRIG IN jack x 2: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- - MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- - DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- - AC adaptor
- - Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- - Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4
- Current Draw
- - 400 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- - Alkaline battery (AA, LR6): Approx. 4.5 hours
- - Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6): Approx. 6 hours (When using batteries having a capacity of 2,000 mAh.)
- * The time may vary according to usage conditions, batteries used, and type of SD memory card used.
- - Owner's manual
- - Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- - AC adaptor
- - Mounting plate
- - Wing bolt (M5 x 10) x 2Options (sold separately)
- - Acoustic Drum Trigger: RT series
- - Pads: PD series, PDX series, BT-1
- - Kicks: KD series, KT-10
- - Cymbals: CY series
- - All Purpose Clamp: APC-33
- - Pad Stand: PDS-10
- - Personal Drum Monitor: PM-100. PM-200
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - Width 135 mm, 5-6/16 inches
- - Depth 130 mm, 5-1/8 inches
- - Height 59 mm, 2-6/16 inches
- - Weight 360 g, 0 lbs. 13 oz.
Great product, simple and with great sounds
Excellent pice of kit. Good sounds, very useful and easy to use, plus a great price for what is a pretty powerful module.