Sennheiser e 602 II Kick Drum Microphone
Sennheiser e 602-II Kick Drum Microphone Overview By GAK
The Sennheiser e 602 MKII is a cardioid instrument microphone best suited for use with bass drums, bass guitar cabs and tubas. It performs with fast transient response and follows bass instruments down to the low frequencies in high detail. The e 602 features robust, lightweight aluminium housing ensuring durability for both live and recording situations.
Feel more bass - Don't just hear it. Feel it. Punching and vibrating, the e 602-II follows bass instruments down to the low frequencies that shake things up. The punch of the kick drum keeps its forceful volume at the bottom of the sound image; the attack remains precise throughout the mic's entire frequency response.
The e 602-II hears bass guitars and tubas with the same attention to detail: warm, dynamic, and always with substance. It sounds as solid as it looks and, thanks to its lightweight aluminum body, is easy to position - in studios, clubs, rehearsal rooms, at smaller gigs or for home recording.
- Rugged, lightweight aluminium body for stable positioning on long microphone boom arms
- Lightweight high-performance voice coil construction
- Fast transient response
- Low frequency extension
- Ideal for direct use on the most problematic bass signal
- Frequency-independent directivity provides isolation from other on-stage signals
- Humbucking coil
- Integral stand mount
- Dimensions: Ø 60 x 153 mm
- Connector: XLR-3
- Transducer principle (Microphone): dynamic
- Frequency response: 20 - 16000 Hz
- Weight: 318 g
- Pick-up pattern: cardioid
- Sensitivity in free field, no load (1kHz): 0,25 mV/Pa; (50 Hz) 0,9 mV/Pa
- Nominal impedance: 350 Ω
- Min. terminating impedance: 1000 Ω
I bought this for Electric and upright bass recording and, this is a fantastic product,,,, Very very happy with this.
Ive used many bass drum mics over the years , through different rigs - this one is hands down the best ! Great lows and punchy - very versatile....sounds great in all positions.