Taylor 914ce Grand Auditorium Electro Acoustic, V-Class
The Taylor 914ce is a premium grand auditorium electro acoustic and part of the 900 series: Taylor's most luxurious class of rosewood guitars. Blending an array of tone-enhancing details with premium aesthetic features, the 914ce sets the bar high for premium acoustic guitars.
At it's core, the Taylor 914ce features Taylor new V-Class bracing, which functions as a new sonic engine for the guitar. This new bracing pattern allows the top to move freely which enhances not only the guitar's volume abd sustain but also improves the guitar's natural intonation, or "in-tuneness". The result is more power in the upper register and more harmonic agreement between all fretted notes, which helps chord voicings sing like never before. Players who love the deep lows and sparkling highs of rosewood will appreciate how well behaved the overtones are as notes bloom.
Premium features include a beveled ebony armrest that makes your picking/strumming arm more comfortable, along with Gotoh 510 tuners, whose 21:1 gear ratio allows for precise tuning. Refined appointments include ebony binding, our Ascension fretboard/peghead inlay in paua and pearl, a paua rosette with koa and ebony purfling, and paua/koa trim along much of the body and neck. All V-Class guitars feature a black graphite nut and a new guitar label that bears the signature of master guitar designer Andy Powers.
- Grand Auditorium: Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
- Sitka Spruce: The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
- Indian Rosewood: The tonewood superstar. Popular, traditional, and versatile, Bob Taylor puts Indian rosewood among the greatest tonewoods ever.
- Expression System 2: Captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
- Venetian Cutaway: Known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
- V-Class Bracing: A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.