Taylor BT2e Baby Taylor-e Electro Acoustic, Mahogany
Taylor BT2e Baby Taylor-e Electro Acoustic, Mahogany GAK Overview
The Baby Taylors were designed as a starter-size guitar for kids and a convenient musical companion on the road. The Baby Taylor has since been used for a variety of creative playing outside of its original intention, such as playing it as a lap slide, high-stringing it and alternate tuning for unique acoustic sounds.
Taylor guitars are known for building some of the finest acoustics on the market. The guitars are developed with a mix of modern equipment and handmade design to keep the authentic playability and incredible tone.
The BT2e Baby Mahogany’s 3/4-size Dreadnought body delivers an large amount of volume for its smaller size, featuring an arched back that provides the strength and full potential of rich tones. The layered Sapele back produces great sound and strong durability for when you’re travelling, combined with mahogany wood top that offers a punchier sound with full rich tones.
The BT2e Baby Mahogany comes with the Expression System Baby pickup powered by an onboard preamp with a built-in chromatic tuner. Inspired by the piezo pickup design from the Taylor ES2, the pickup is precisely positioned and split into three piezo sensors, offering a dynamic range of acoustic tones.
The battery-powered preamp houses the controls for tuning, tones and volume. For accurate and and quick tuning, the built-in chromatic tuner also features a LED display for tuning in well-lit or dark spaces and a low battery indication.
The tone and volume controls offer simple and precise sounds when plugging into your amp, with the opportunity to experiment with the control settings to your preference of amplified sound.
- 3/4-size Dreadnought
- Tropical Mahogany Top Wood
- Layered Sapele Body Wood
- ES-B Expression System Baby pickup, onboard preamp, built-in tuner with LED display]
- The preamp/tuner is powered by two button cell 3v lithium (CR2032) batteries. Two new batteries will provide approximately 300 hours of use. The ES-B conserves battery life using a standard on/off system that will automatically turn off if left on over 3 minutes. A low battery indicator on the LED display (located on the preamp circuit board) will display an “L” when the battery reaches 4.5 volts.
- Gig Bag
- Scale Length - 22-3/4"
- Nut & Saddle - Nubone Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Bracing - X Bracing
- Number of Frets - 19
- Tuners - Die-Cast Chrome
- Brand of Strings - Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length - 15 3/4"
- Body Width - 12 1/2"
- Body Depth - 3 3/8"
- Top Finish - Varnish
- Back Config - Laminate
- Rosette Size - Single Ring
- Back/Side Finish - Varnish
- Rosette Mat. - Plastic
- Neck Width - 1-11/16"
- Fretboard Inlay - 4mm Dot Italian Acrylic
- Type of Neck Joint - Finger Joint
- Neck/Heel - Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood - West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish - Varnish
- Peghead Type - Standard
- Headstock Overlay - Copafera
- Peghead Logo - Printed on Headstock Overlay
- Bridge Pins - Black
- Buttons - Chrome
Great little guitar, easy to play, great sound.
Lovely instrument - if you've struggled playing a standard size instrument, then I'd definitely recommend this one. Very good for those of us with little hands - my playing is really coming on now.
This is much smaller than I expected, but wow, what a sound. The most beautiful acoustic I've ever owned. Very, very happy with it and looking forward to debuting it at my next gig.
Excellent big sound - highly recommend getting a strap - its fun to play it standing up - the small body feels like playing a Fender strat.