Yamaha DTX M12 Multi Pad
The Yamaha DTX M12 Multi Pad is a powerful, all-in-one percussion pad that suits anyone from a beginner to an expert, accommodating different levels of playing, a wide variety of playing styles and performance situations. DTX-MULTI 12 equips the 12 pads which are easy to be distinguished even at the dark stage. You can use the DTX-MULTI 12 in a variety of ways, such as using the percussion pad in combination with acoustic drums and percussion to accent music with a rich variety of voices, transferring data to the connected computer where you can compose music with the included "Cubase AI 5" program, and connecting a kick pedal (sold separately) to create as a compact drum set.MULTI-Voice and MULTI-Effect! -Preset Kit-
In addition to a broad spectrum of voices taken from the world renowned, flagship MOTIF series synthesizers, the DTX-MULTI 12 also features many new percussion sounds that have been collected through Yamaha's advanced sampling techniques and ready-to-use effect sounds for a grand total of 1,277 voices. - The DTX-MULTI 12 includes not only digital sounds but also DJ sounds and a rich variety of voices from percussion, chromatic percussion, folk, and acoustic drum instruments. - You can also import WAV and AIFF audio files from a USB memory device and use them as voices. - The DTX-MULTI 12 functions as a sample playback device with 64MB of battery backed Flash ROM. - Together with great-sounding reverb and chorus effects that can be applied to entire drum kits, the DTX-MULTI 12 also features a Variation effect unit that can be used to enhance individual voices in many exciting ways.
MULTI-Pattern! -Preset Pattern-
The DTX-MULTI 12 comes complete with 128 different MIDI playing patterns (including 3 demo patterns) from a world-wide range of musical genres including folk music, rock, and house. - You can easily start and stop patterns by simply striking the pads. In addition, you can record your own performances as patterns or create patterns on a PC. These patterns can then be assigned to pads. - Using the Tap Tempo function, you can set the tempo for patterns and the click track by simply striking pads. In this way, you can conveniently and intuitively set the tempo that you need.
MULTI-Mode! -Play Modes-
The DTX-MULTI 12 provides a number of playing modes and features that enable performers to directly express their art and talent. They are: - Stick mode, optimized for playing the instrument with drum sticks - Hand mode, for conveying subtle expressions through hand percussion. - Finger mode, for extremely intricate finger drumming. - Muting feature, which enables sounds to be muted or changed when a hand is pressed down on a pad as it is struck.
MULTI-Assignment! -Trigger Function-
Up to four different voices can be assigned to each pad. - The DTX-MULTI 12 is packed with a multitude of features to stimulate creativity such as Stack mode in which all the notes assigned to a pad are triggered simultaneously with a single strike and Alternate mode in which the notes assigned to the pad are played individually in turn each time it is struck.
MULTI-Interface! -Music Production-
In addition to the MIDI In/Out port, the DTX-MULTI 12 is equipped with a USB TO HOST port that can be connected to a PC with a USB cable (sold separately) and a USB TO DEVICE port that can be save the user kit data on a USB memory. - This connection can be used in a variety of ways. For example, those who have difficulty playing a keyboard can input MIDI data directly to DAW software, and others can play computer software synthesizer sounds by striking the DTX-MULTI 12. - "Cubase AI 5" by Steinberg, a DAW software application, is bundled with the DTX-MULTI 12. You can begin modifying the pitch and rhythm of the MIDI data that you input using the DTX-MULTI 12 and begin composing elaborate pieces of music on the same day you buy the DTX-MULTI 12. - By installing the DTX-MULTI 12 Extension (planned for future release on our Web site), you will be able to control Cubase AI 5 directly from the DTX-MULTI 12 front panel. This extension will dramatically improve your efficiency in music composition.
The DTX-MULTI 12 comes with trigger-input jacks that five external pads can be connected to as well as one foot switch jack and one hi-hat controller jack. You can customize the DTX-MULTI 12 to suit your needs. You can: - Connect a hi-hat controller (such as the HH65) and a kick pad (such as the KP65) to use the DTX-MULTI 12 as a compact drum kit. - Use a foot switch (such as the FC4) to switch between different drum kits and phrase patterns. - Use a foot controller (such as the FC7 and FC9) to control the volume and effect values in real time. - Connect a drum trigger (such as the DT20) to convert acoustic drum performances to trigger signals and input these signals for playback. * Hi-hat controllers, foot switches, foot controllers, kick pads, and drum triggers are sold separately.
- The DTX-MULTI 12 Electronic Percussion Pad features 12 trigger pads in a compact split-level configuration and includes 1,277 drum, percussion and effects sounds. Utilizing the sound technology of the highly acclaimed Motif and DTXTREME III, the DTXM 12 will expand ANY drummer's playing style with unlimited inspiration. The DTXM 12 also has the ability to load digital samples for endless sound possibilities and rhythmic patterns in MULTIple styles that can be triggered from the pads.
- Whack it, Slap it, Tap it
- The DTXM 12 is the first product of its type to be able to respond to MULTIple playing styles and applications in one unit. Whether you use sticks, hands, or fingers - the M 12 responds to the dynamics of your performance. Additionally, you can vary the sound while touching the pad or pressing a foot switch and up to four sounds can be velocity switched or layered per pad.
- The DTX-MULTI 12 has many applications. It's perfect for the acoustic drummer looking to add electronics to their kit; the hand percussionist who needs a full palette of percussion instruments in a versatile self-contained unit; or as a percussion controller for a producer in a recording studio setting. It's a great solution for anyone looking to add top-notch percussion sounds and rhythms to their music.
- -1,061 drum / percussion / effects voices
- -216 keyboard voices from Motif library
- -100MB wave ROM
- -64 MB Flash ROM for loading custom WAV/AIFF files
- -USB - to device / host
- -Expandable via 5 aux trigger inputs
- -Hi hat control jack / foot switch / tap tempo
- -Stick, hand, and finger play mode
- 100MB Wave ROM with drum sounds from DTXTREME III
- Layered pads have a natural feel when played with sticks or hands
- 64MB of built-in Flash-ROM for importing User Samples
- "Hands" and "Fingers" modes allows for alternative play style
- Bundled with Cubase AI - Plus the ability of M12 as remote controller
- High Quality sounds of our "Top-of-the-line" Drum Module
- Better playability due to staggered triggers even on a dark stage
- Sounds stay in memory so they're ready to play when you are
- Hand percussion parts can be played/sequenced more naturally
- Use your computer to record audio samples and sequences then load them into the DTX-M12
- Tons of drums and percussion sounds in a convenient playable package
- More accurate for live playing with less chance of hitting wrong pad
- Future-proof. You can add new drum sounds whenever you need them
- Multiple styles of play for the drum set player or hand percussionist
- Complete solution for e-drummer, percussionist, teacher, and producer - virtually any musician
totally comprehensive machine at a fantastic price, amazing library of sounds that you can add to, it does everything.
It's going to take me a while to learn to use this unit, but that's because I'm not one of nature's natural drummers and the multi pad is much more accomplished than I am! It's a very versatile piece of equipment and I'm already thrilled with the range of things it can do! There's a mind-boggling range of available sounds but I'm a little surprised that more memory has not been ring fenced for the user to set up their own kits. It seems that you can't expand the memory or delete unwanted stuff (like the film effects) to create more space. Yamaha's own brand stand and bracket for this machine are both eye-wateringly expensive but I discovered that Roland's combined bracket and stand fit perfectly and are robust, convenient and much more affordable!
Great sounds, but pads dead and unresponsive
Very flexible unit able to compliment an acoustic kit or to form the centre of a basic electronic kit.