Yamaha reface DX FM Synthesizer
Yamaha reface DX FM Synthesizer Product Overview By GAK
Yamaha have officially launched the new reface DX which is part of their new Mobile Mini Keyboard series: reface! Based on some of their most groundbreaking synths, the DX is ideal for both stage and studio. Songwriters, live performers and producers will all find the reface DX and excellent addition to their setups.
The DX connects easily to notebooks or Apple iPads or iPhones (via connection kit sold separately) and can be battery powered. The DX has integrated stereo speakers so you can play it any time, any where.
Yamaha's DX carries vintage 80s sound into the 21st century and is really easy to use, so beginners should have no problem creating straight out of the box. The reface DX is also polyphonic with 8 voices and features 7 effects.
Yamaha Product Overview
4-operator FM Sound Engine offers dynamic and expressive additive synthesis. A new feature of this engine is continuously variable feedback on every operator allowing for a wide-range of sound creation. Two programmable effects blocks with seven effect types per block: (The effect types are: VCM Touch Wah, VCM Flanger, VCM Phaser, Chorus, Delay, Reverb and Distortion.) Multi-touch control interface gives direct access to four simultaneous parameters. 32 Voice memory locations allow storing and recalling favourite Voices.
Based on the FS action found on the flagship Motif XF, HQ (High Quality) Mini Keys provide premium feel and response for fast, accurate and natural playing. Sustain pedal input allows the sustain function for all FM generated sounds.2W 3cm stereo speaker system lets you play any place, any time. Specially designed bass reflex port technology enhances bass response for full, rich sound. USB "TO HOST" allows MIDI connectivity to your USB-equipped computer or iOS device. Dual 1/4"unbalanced line outputs provide connection to mixers, audio interfaces, DI boxes and more. A 3.5mm aux line input lets you connect and hear mobile devices, tablets and more through the instrument. Continuous controller pedal input for volume control.
- Amplifiers : 2 W x 2
- Speakers: 3 cm x 2
- Power Consumption: 6 W (When using PA-130 power adaptor)
- Battery Life: Approximately 5 hours
- Auto Power Off: Yes
- Power Supply Adaptors: PA-130 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha
- Batteries: Six “AA” size batteries or Ni-MH rechargeable batteries
- Included: AC adaptor*, MIDI breakout cable, Owner’s Manual
- Number of types: 4 Operators, 12 Algorithms
- Number of voices: 32 (memorable)
- Effects: Distortion/VCM Touch Wah/Chorus/VCM Flanger/VCM Phaser/Delay/Reverb
- Width: 530 mm (20 7/8")
- Height: 60 mm (2 3/8")
- Depth: 175 mm (6 7/8")
- Weight: 1.9 kg (4 lbs, 3 oz) (not including batteries)
- Number of Keys: 37 keys
- Type HQ mini (High-Quality mini)
- Initial Touch: Yes
- Maximum Polyphony: 8
- Engine: FM
- Phrase Looper : Yes
- Display Type: Full Dot LCD (128 x 64 dots)
- DC IN: (12 V) jack
- Headphones: 6.3 mm, stereo phone jack
- MIDI: mini-DIN IN/OUT
- AUX IN: 3.5 mm, mini stereo phone jack
- OUT PUT L/MONO, R: 6.3 mm, TS phone jack, unbalanced
- USB TO HOST USB (TO HOST)
- Pedal Type: SUSTAIN: FC3(A), FC4(A), FC5 (optional)
- Half damper: NO
perfect service, would use again
For the money and size of this little beauty, it has ALL the full functionality, exact same sounds as that of the original DX7. This is a meaty little beast that gives a truly professional sound for such great value for money. Will become an important part of the array of instruments used in my son's studio recordings.