Epiphone Thunderbird Vintage PRO Bass, Ebony
The Epiphone Thunderbird Vintage PRO harks back to the original Gibson Thunderbird that was designed by the legendary car designer Ray Dietrich back in 1963.
The classic ingerdients are all there: the Epiphone Thunderbird Vintage PRO features a 7-ply Mahogany and Walnut neck attached to Mahogany body wings with a through-neck joint. The neck has a 1960s style rounded profile and has a 34” scale, a 12” fingerboard radius and 20 medium jumbo frets. The Thunderbird Vintage PRO Bass is powered by Epiphone’s critically acclaimed new ProBucker #760 Bass Pickups which feature 18% Nickel Silver Covers, German manufactured Elektrisola Magnet wire, Alnico IV sand cast magnets, and braided coaxial lead wire and are vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics.
Hardware wise the Thunderbird Vintage PRO Bass comes with a nickel-plated 1960s styled Tune-o-matic bridge and Claw tailpiece inspired by the original Thunderbird bridge along with open-gear bass tuners with historic "Clover" buttons and a pro 17:1 tuning ratio.
- Neck: 7-ply; Mahogany/Walnut Laminate
- Neck Joint: Through-Neck
- Body: Mahogany Body Wings
- Neck Shape: 1960's Rounded Bass Profile
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 1-ply black with "Epiphone" silkscreened in GOLD
- Scale Length: 34"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with pearloid "DOT" inlays
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker™ Bass #760 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker™ Bass #760 Humbucker
- -Neck Volume
- -Bridge Volume
- -Master Tone
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 20; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: 1960's TB-Bass Tune-o-matic; Adjustable
- Tailpiece: 1960's "Claw" Tailpiece
- Nut Width: 1-1/2"
- Nut: Imitation Bone; White
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Open-gear Bass Tuners with historic "Clover" buttons; 17:1 ratio
- Knobs: Gold Tophats with chrome metal inserts
- Pickguard: 3-Layer (White/Black/White); "Thunderbird" logo in black