Fender 68 Custom Vibro Champ Reverb, Black
The Fender ‘68 Custom Vibro Champ Reverb amp combines the original Fender ‘68 Custom Amp with some modern updates to create an amp that has the classic ‘silverface’ amp sound that works for today’s players.
In 1968, Fender made a departure from the traditional ‘blackface’ amps and introduced the ‘silverface’, which were more affordable and gradually became widely used. The main upgrades to the amp is an added hall reverb and a larger 10” speaker.
The Fender ‘68 Custom Vibro Champ Reverb is a 5-watt amp with tube circuitry, delivering classic, vintage tube tones in a small and portable package. It also offers lush digital reverb and tube-driven tremolo effects, delivering a wide range of ambient tones to give your sound some extra depth, and a 10” Celestion speaker, an increase from the original 8”, to provide an increased low-end and beefier tone.
This is a great amp for anyone that wants a small, compact amp they can take anywhere that has the classic Fender ‘silverface’ tube tones. It’s ideal for practising at home, rehearsing, recording in the studio and even taking to small gigs.
The ’68 Customs have become an extremely popular amp series for guitarists who love classic Fender sounds along with toneful modifications that resonate with today’s players.
At just 5 watts, the original Vibro Champ® was famous for classic Fender tremolo, tube sparkle and killer grind at a reasonable level. The ’68 Custom Vibro Champ Reverb improves on this classic amp by adding a hall reverb and using a larger 10” speaker for increased low end. These additions make this little wonder perfect for rehearsal, home recording and even small gigs. Amplifier comes with fitted cover. Optional 2-Button Vintage
- Voltage: 230V EUR
- Wattage: 5 Watts
- Channels: One
- Inputs: Two - (1/4", Input 2 operates at -6dB)
- Speaker Jack: 1/4"
- Effects: Reverb, Tremolo
- Cabinet Material: 7-Ply 5/8" Birch Plywood
- Amplifier Covering: Black Textured Vinyl
- Grille Cloth: Silver Turquoise
- Amplifier Jewel: Blue Jewel
- Front Panel: Silver
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Speakers: One - 10" Celestion® TEN 30
- Total Impedance: 3.2 ohms
- Speaker Wattage: 30 Watts
- Preamp Tubes: 2 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 1 x 6V6
- Footswitch: Optional 2-Button Footswitch
- Amp Height: 14" (35.56 cm)
- Amp Depth: 8.125" (20.63 cm)
- Amp Width:16.88" (42.9 cm)
- Amp Weight: 20.4 lbs. (9.25 kg)
- Output Power / Output: 5 Watts
- Controls: Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb, Speed, Intensity
- Amp Type: Tube
- Preamp Tubes: 2 x 12AX7
- Power tubes: 1 x 6V6
- Speaker: 10" Celestion® Ten 30
- Unique Features: Modified Vibro Champ circuitry, custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals), 10" Celestion® 3.2 ohm speaker for increased bass response, Fender hall reverb and tube-driven tremolo, 1968-style silver-panel aluminum trim and silver-turquoise grille cloth. Amplifier comes with fitted cover. Optional 2-Button Vintage Style (P/N: 0994058000) available.
Early days but going great ! Loves my Les Paul and my 2 favourite pedals! A nice few extra touches from fender as well