Gibson Custom 1968 Les Paul Custom Reissue Gloss, Ebony
Gibson Custom 1968 Les Paul Custom Reissue Gloss, Ebony Overview.
Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality, and sound excellence. Each instrument celebrates Gibson's legacy through accuracy, authenticity and attention to detail.
The 1968 Les Paul Custom stood apart from its 1950s predecessors in a few significant ways. Instead of a solid mahogany body, it now had a solid maple top on a mahogany back - adding the clarity and bite that many rock guitarists sought. It also came standard with two humbuckers as opposed to three, providing additional picking clearance. And lastly it had a 14-degree peghead angle for reduced string tension. This set of features instantly became the new standard for the Les Paul Custom model, which has been produced continuously by Gibson ever since.
This 1968 Les Paul Custom Reissue was designed to be the final say in historical accuracy, tone and feel. Every detail and spec was meticulously revived by the skilled artisans at Gibson Custom Shop to provide an amazing, life-long vintage ownership experience.
- Material Solid Mahogany
- Profile Authentic '68 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material Solid Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Number Of Frets 22
- Frets Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material Nylon
- Nut Width 1.687"
- End of Board Width 2.24"
- Inlays Mother of Pearl Block
- Joint Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- BODY BODY
- Top 2-Piece Plain Maple
- Back 1-Piece Mahogany
- Binding Multi-ply
- WeightRelief None
- Finish Nitrocellulose Gloss
- Finish Gold
- Tuner Plating Gold
- Bridge ABR-1 (Wired)
- Tailpiece Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines Kluson Waffleback
- Pickguard Black Multi-Ply
- TrussRod 2-way Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover Authentic 2-Ply Les Paul Custom
- Switch Tip Cream
- Switchwasher Black
- Jack Plate Cover Black Multi-Ply
- Control Covers Black
- Strap Buttons Brass
- Mounting Rings Black M69
- Pickup Covers Authentic Profile Gold-plated Nickel Silver
- Neck Pickup 68 Custom Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup 68 Custom Humbucker
- Controls 2 500K CTS Volume Pots, 2 500K CTS Tone Pots, Hand-Wired Harness with Black Beauty Capacitors
- Pickup Selector 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack Switchcraft
- Strings .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case Custom Shop Hardshell
- Accessories Gibson Custom Switchplate Medallion (w/ Historic Black Plastic Cover in Case), Certificate of Authenticity Booklet, Historic Reissue Hang Tags