M-Audio Oxygen 61 MK V USB MIDI Controller Keyboard
Overview by GAK
The M-Audio Oxygen MK V series of MIDI controller keyboards are an upgraded and enhanced version of the immensely popular MK IV range. Combining fresh new features such as Note Repeat, Smart Scale/Chord, a built-in arpeggiator and automatic DAW mapping with a fantastic software suite, M-Audio have improved what was already one of the best MIDI keyboard ranges on the market.
This iteration of M-Audio’s Oxygen MK V series of MIDI keyboards boasts the greatest range out of all the models with five octaves of full-size keys - perfect for players and performers. This smooth and expressive synth-action keyboard is velocity-sensitive, which allows the dynamic nuance of your performance to come through when playing virtual instruments such as acoustic pianos and soft synths.
For composers and producers that are regularly using virtual instruments and desire a more realistic playing experience, the 61-key version of the Oxygen MKV is the one we’d recommend. Like the 49-key equipped model, the 61-key Oxygen MK V features a total of 8 sliders (in addition to the 8 knobs and trigger pads), which can be freely assigned to control any MIDI-enabled parameter as well as DAW controls. While the 61-key Oxygen MKV is the largest model in the series, it’s still easily transportable with its 3.4kg weight.
The 61-key version of the Oxygen MKV is also available, featuring an extra octave of range that allows you to get the most expressivity out of your software instruments. If you need an ultra-compact solution that can be used on-the-go, check out the 25-key model.
The M-Audio Oxygen MK V 61 features the most expressive keyboard out of all the models in the series and is still great value for money. The greater on-hand range lends itself well to performers that use a laptop-based setup & have to pull off a wide variety of styles and composers that need access to extra octaves when writing.
- 61 full-size, velocity-sensitive keys
- Preset and DAW buttons for auto-mapped DAW instruments and plugins
- Smart Chord mode enables playing of enharmonic or custom chord voicings
- Smart Scale mode eliminates wrong notes making it easy to craft a perfect song
- Arpeggiator with Type, Octave, Gate and Swing controls
- 2 banks of 8 velocity-sensitive trigger pads with Note Repeat for beat production
- (8) assignable knobs for manipulating virtual instruments and plugins
- (9) Assignable faders let you mix your productions with ease
- Transport buttons let you control your DAW without reaching for the mouse
- Display provides instant parameter feedback
- Ergonomically designed pitch and modulation wheels & 1/4” sustain pedal input
- Includes MIDI editor software and a complete software production package featuring Ableton Live Lite, MPC Beats, 2 Virtual Instruments from AIR Music Technology (Hybrid, Mini Grand) and 5 MPC Beats Expansion Packs
- Power: USB bus-powered
- Dimensions (Width x Depth x Height): 38.5” x 9.6” x 3.7”, 977 mm x 243 mm x 94 mm
- Weight: 7.5 lbs., 3.4 kg