Moog Modular IIIp Legacy Modular Synthesizer
MOOG LEGACY MODULAR IIIP Overview by GAK.
With only 40 units available worldwide and very few spaces left in the order book, we have an incredible opportunity for an individual or institution to invest in one of the most important pieces of technology in music history.
The Moog iiiP consists of 38 meticulously handcrafted modules housed in 3 Tolex cases for 'portability'. Should you apply to own one of these
Throughout the 1960s,
In 1965, Bob Moog began taking orders for individual modules and customized modular systems. By 1967, he and a team of ten skilled technicians were hand-building production models in an unassuming brick storefront in Trumansburg, NY. The cutting-edge musical instruments that they called “synthesizers” signalled music’s maturation from an awkward and shy intruder in the realm of music to a dynamic and significant medium of musical expression.
The first models were aptly named Synthesizer I, II, and III. With the introduction of the Moog Synthesizer IIIc -- the “c” referring to the walnut “console” cabinet -- musicians could purchase a complete instrument pre-configured for logical access to a range of facilities usually associated with the largest classical studios. This was followed by the availability of the Moog Synthesizer IIIp - a fully portable 3-cabinet iteration of the venerable Moog Synthesizer IIIc.
Each synthesizer took weeks of patient, steady crafting to complete, but the payoff would be rich -- a tool that would change the landscape of music.
The world got turned on to the idea of the synthesizer -- and electronic music -- through the visionary works of experimental musicians like Wendy Carlos and Isao Tomita. Sonic masterpieces like
Fifty years later, we are proud to announce the return of the Moog Synthesizer IIIp to production for a very limited time.
Every Synthesizer IIIp will be built using all-original documentation, art, and circuit board files. Each instrument features thirty-seven hand-stuffed, hand-soldered modules, including ten 901-Series audio oscillators, the 984 Matrix Mixer, and the 905 Spring Reverb. All modules are securely mounted into three solid wood, tolex-wrapped cabinets at the Moog Factory in Asheville, NC.
- Entire system recreated using original documentation, circuit board and art files and traditional manufacturing techniques.
- • 37 hand-stuffed, hand-soldered modules custom mounted and hand-wired in three solid wood, tolex-wrapped cabinets.
- • 10x discrete 901 series oscillators (Coveted for their organic sound. Not found in the Model 15, System 35 or System 55)
- • 905 Spring Reverb module (Expands the character of any sound into enchanting, piano-like trails. Not found in the Model 15, System 35 or System 55)
- • 4x CP3 mixers (These are tonally similar to the mixer found in the Model 15. Not found in the Model 15, System 35 or System 55)
- • 984 4-channel Matrix Mixer (Designed for parallel processing, complete with dedicated controls for Bass and Treble. Not found in the Model 15, System 35 or System 55)
- • 100% discrete design (There are absolutely no op-amps. Not the case in the Model 15, System 35 or System 55)
- • Only 40 Moog Synthesizer IIIp will be handcrafted and sold worldwide
- IMPORTANT NOTE: A new Synthesizer IIIp is built exactly as the originals. It also behaves exactly as the originals, which means tuning instability and susceptibility to interference is inherent to the design.
- SYNTHESIZER IIIp MODULES
- 1x 901 Voltage Controlled Oscillator
- 3x 901A Oscillator Controllers
- 9x 901B Oscillators
- 3x 902 Voltage Controlled Amplifiers
- 1x 903A Random Signal Generator
- 1x 904A Voltage Controlled Lowpass Filter
- 1x 904B Voltage Controlled Highpass Filter
- 1x 904C Filter Coupler
- 1x 905 Reverberation Unit
- 3x 911 Envelope Generators
- 1x 911A Dual Trigger Delay
- 1x 912 Envelope Follower
- 1x 914 Extended Range Fixed Filter Bank
- 1x 984 Four Channel Mixer
- 1x 991 Lowpass and Highpass Filter with Attenuator
- 1x 992 Control Voltage/Attenuator Panel
- 1x 993 Trigger & Envelope Voltages Panel
- 1x 994 Multiples Panel
- 4x Console Panel No. 3, each including:
- - 4-input mixer with + and – outputs
- - 2 Trunklines
- - Control Voltage Switches
- - Master Volume
- - Click Filter
- 1x Console Panel No. 1 including:
- - 3 Control Voltage and Trigger Outputs
- 1x Console Panel No. 9 including
- - Power Switch
- - Pilot Lamp
- - Fuse Holders
- 1x 350 Watt 120 VAC or 230 VAC Switch Selectable Power Supply
No upgrades available