Novation Peak Product Overview by GAK
The Novation Peak is an eight voiced polyphonic synth. There are three New Oxford oscillators for each voice which utilises two waveform generating techniques and 17 digital wavetables.
The unit features pre and post filter distortion for each voice, as well as a global distortion for the whole synth. Other effects include reverb, delay and chorus and there's also an arpeggiator built in.
There's a fantastic modulation system which offers a 16 slot modulation matrix as well as 16 directly assignable controls on the front panel. There's also the option to connect to other modular systems through the CV modulation input.
The design is perfect if you're looking for a desktop unit and
The synth has a resonant multi-mode analogue filter for each voice, and three distortion points for each voice – pre-filter, post-filter and global – in an analogue signal chain.
The modulation system puts a 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments in the main controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing. There are three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs for each voice, and more elaborate movements and secondary ‘via’ assignments are made just a few menu button presses away. In addition, two
Peak connects to modular systems via a CV modulation input, and has MIDI I/O on five-pin DIN ports, so other MIDI gear can be connected. Via USB, Peak can be plugged into Mac or PC, where unlimited patches can be kept using the Components software.
- Innovative New Oxford Oscillators using two waveform generating techniques: NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) and 17 digital wavetables
- Pre-filter and post-filter distortion per voice, plus global distortion. Polyphonic aftertouch and linear FM. High-quality reverb, delay and chorus effects, and onboard arpeggiator
- Extensive modulation system, with 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments controlled on the front panel. Three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs per voice, plus animate buttons
- CV modulation input for integration with modular systems
- Compact desktop module design with optional die-cast aluminium stand for positioning (not included)