Novation UltraNova Overview by GAK
The Novation UltraNova is a powerful synth with great sounds at an affordable price, all packed in to a stylish compact design. The Novation UltraNova features 18 voices, 14 filter types, 36 wavetables, 5 effect slots and a load more effects, enabling the musician to put on a great show!
The UltraNova synth even has an onboard USB Audio Interface, allowing musicians to transfer audio directly to and from a computer.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Brand new Nova-series synth engine based on Supernova II:
- - Single part with up to 18 voices, 14 filter types, 36 wavetables, 5 effect slots
- - Patch Browse enables you to browse 300 sounds by type & genre
- Touch-sense controls enable totally new sound-shaping & performance:
- - Trigger envelopes/LFOs/filters/FX by just touching the encoders
- - Large rotary control allows you fine control of any parameter
- Totally gig-able with 37 full sized keys, a vocoder, and loads of controls:
- - Voice optimized 12 band vocoder with gooseneck mic
- - High quality key bed with aftertouch for expressive playing styles
- Software plug-in editor and Patch Librarian for full visual editing:
- - Plug-in editor allows you to view and edit in with software
- - Software Patch Librarian a organize, store and share unlimited patches
- Built-in 2 in 4 out USB audio interface and it can be bus powered:
- - UltraNova can be used to stream audio to and from a host computer
- - Stereo main (analogue & SPDIF) and aux outputs, and MIDI in/out/thru ports
- Chord function
- Filter distortion
- Density & Detune functions
- Automap controller
- Powered by USB or the included power supply
- The Ultranova's engine is based on the Supernova's original design with enhancements to the filters, and addition of wavetable synthesis, software control and a great "touch mode" feature where you can manipulate your core sounds with just a touch of the rotary encoders.
- UltraNova is the new generation of Novation's iconic 'Nova' range of synthesizers. It packs the massive 'Nova' sound into a compact body with a built-in vocoder. A new 'Touch' performance system places deep control of the synth right at your fingertips - so incredible new ways to play, create and perform are just a touch away.
- UltraNova has 300 onboard sounds that you can browse by type and musical genre, so gigging musicians can get started straight away. You can quickly change the character of the sound with 8 encoders and a large, smooth encoder for detailed control.
- It also comes with software plug-in editor which gives you in-depth visual editing, and can be opened and controlled in your DAW. There is also a software patch librarian that allows you to store, organize and search for an unlimited number of patches by type and genre.
- UltraNova has wavetable synthesis, 14 filter types, 6 envelopes, 3 LFOs, 5 effects slots, density/detune and much more. This level of power needs clear control, so each part of the synth has a dedicated button that assigns parameters to the 8 encoders above the LCD screen. This makes UltraNova fast and easy to program, like an analogue synth.
- UltraNova has an onboard 2 in 4 out USB Audio Interface that can transfer audio directly to and from your computer. It also has a SPDIF output, MIDI in/out/thru ports (for hardware-to-hardware connectivity). Finally, UltraNova can work in 'Automap mode', transforming its eight encoders into a powerful controller for plug-ins and DAWs.