Roland BK-5 Backing Keyboard
Roland BK-5 Backing Keyboard
An Arranger Keyboard, designed to be plug-and-play and used by all levels of keyboard player.
Overview By GAK
The BK-5 is an Arranger Keyboard that is ready to play straight out of the box. The Roland BK-5 has 2x 10cm 12 W internal speakers, a wide range of sounds and 61 keys, allowing you to play music the moment you turn it on.
Roland has ensured that no matter what standard of player you are, the BK-5 is simple and intuitive to use.
At the heart of the BK-5 are the 305 internal Styles that come with the keyboard. These cover a huge range of different genres and organised into 6 different categories; Pop/Rock, Disco/Dance, Jazz/Blues, Ballroom, Latin/World 1 and Traditional/World 2. Should you not find a Backing Track suitable for your requirements, the BK-5 is expandable. Import your own Styles with a USB Flashdrive (sold separately).
Each of 305 Styles has 4 variations, meaning you can perform songs with multiple sections. You can seamlessly flit between the 4 different variations with creative flair, by using the Intro, Fill and Endings buttons. You can choose between four Intros, six Fills and four Endings, making your performances fresh and exciting.
To make sure the BK-5 is as easy to use as possible, Roland has given it a backlit Graphic LCD Display. This makes any operation clear and simple to achieve. You can even use the screen to read Lyrics, which is ideal for karaoke-style performance.
Roland has also thought of the live keyboard player, as the panel has some incredibly useful buttons. You have Start/Stop, Sync Start, Tap Tempo, Tempo +/-, Auto Fill In, Bass Inversion and Audio Record.
Bass Inversion allows you to quickly assign which note with a chord plays the bass note, giving more control of the harmonic progressions.
Audio Record is a one-touch button to record your performance as a WAV File directly to a USB Stick (sold separately). This makes it super easy to record your performances and upload them to your favourite Social Media or Streaming software.
With a plethora of Backing options, 1172 Tones and 60 Drum Sets within the BK-5, Roland has made it the perfect “One Man Band”. Backing options include; SMF, mp3, WAV and Rhythm.
Rhythm and SMF data can be revoiced using Makeup Tools. With this, you can choose from any of the internal instruments and assign them to different parts/tracks within the files. This is a great feature for those that want to utilise the best sounds for each part. What’s even better still, is you can use the huge array of internal effects and edit individual Drum parts.
The BK-5 Backing Keyboard has all the essential sounds necessary to a Keyboard Player. You will find Piano/E.Piano, Organ/Accordions, E.Guitar/Bass, A.Guitar, Strings/Vocal, Sax/Brass, Synths, Pad/Ethnic, Percussion/SFX and Drums.
Again, like the use of Make-Up Tools, the internal sounds can be edited with the BK-5’s Effects Section.
- Reverb: 8 types (selectable via Makeup Tools)
- Chorus: 8 types (selectable via Makeup Tools)
- MFX: 84 types for real-time parts (selectable via Tone Part MFX)
- MFX: A & B for rhythm and SMF section (selectable via Makeup Tools)
- Parametric EQ: 6 presets + 1 User memory
- Multi-band compressor: 6 presets + 1 User memory
Regular use of an Arranger Keyboard is the running of Karaoke-type events. There is a Video Output, which you can connect to a TV to display the lyrics. Plus, if you have a song you would like to perform and would like to remove the original vocal, the BK-5 has Center Cancel, which can do just this.
- Self-contained, do-everything keyboard with auto-accompaniment engine and built-in sound system
- Wide selection of sounds, Music Assistants, and Rhythms that cover a wide landscape of musical genres (including East-Europe, Latin-America, Asia, and more)
- Friendly graphical user interface
- Onboard effects, including reverb, chorus, EQ, multi-band compressor, and dozens of multi-effects
- Music rhythm compatibility with Roland BK-7m/E-series/ G-series/VA-series instruments
- Compatible with backing formats (SMF, MP3, WAV, and Rhythm) directly from USB memory; instant audio recording onto USB memory
- Automatic chord detection for SMF files
- Video output to share SMF/MP3 Lyrics with friends or the audience on an external screen
- Keyboard: 61 keys (velocity sensitive)
- Display: 160 x 160 dots Graphic LCD (with backlit)
- SOUND GENERATOR
- Max. Polyphony: 128 voices (GM2/GS/XG Lite compatible)
- Sounds: 1,172 tones, 60 Drum Sets
- Multitimbral parts: 3 real-time parts (UP1, UP2, LWR) + 16 song parts
- Master Tuning: 415.3 to 466.2 Hz
- Key Control (Transpose): -6 to +5 in semitones (for audio/MIDI data)
- Tempo change: 20 to 250 BPM for SMF and rhythms, 75 to 125% for mp3 and WAV files
- Part mute functions: TRACK MUTE (Rhythms, SMF), CENTER CANCEL (mp3, WAV, AUDIO INPUT signals)
- Real-time parts (UP1, UP2, LWR), Rhythms/SMF section:
- - Reverb: 8 types (selectable via Makeup Tools)
- - Chorus: 8 types (selectable via Makeup Tools)
- - MFX: 84 types for real-time parts (selectable via Tone Part MFX)
- - MFX: A & B for rhythm and SMF section (selectable via Makeup Tools)
- - Parametric EQ: 6 presets + 1 User memory
- - Multi-band compressor: 6 presets + 1 User memory
- RHYTHM SECTION
- Rhythms: 305 in 6 “Rhythm” families (localized rhythms for specific areas are included in the WORLD 1 and WORLD 2 families)
- Rhythm Composer: Internal Rhythm Composer, SMF-to-Rhythm Converter provided as PC application (Windows) on the bundled CD-ROM
- One Touch memories: 4 programmable registrations per rhythm
- Rhythm Makeup Tools: Instrument-oriented editing
- Real-time player: SMF (Format 0/1), KAR, mp3, WAV, mp3+CDG
- Song chord extractor: Automatic chord detection for SMF files
- SMF Makeup Tools: Instrument-oriented editing
- PERFORMANCE MEMORIES
- Performance Lists:
- - Unlimited number (storage on USB memory)
- - Over 500 “Music Assistant” memories (internal memory)
- - 5 “Factory Song” memories (internal memory)
- Performance memories per List: Max. 999
- Search function: Quick location of SMF, audio and JPG files on the connected USB memory
- DEMO: Yes
- Media: USB Flash memory
- Song Save Format: Audio files: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear)
- Lyrics: SMF, mp3/WAV, mp3+CDG
- Slide shows: Picture folder linked to songs (recommended resolution: 512 x 384 or 1024 x
- 768 pixels)
- Panel controls: Knobs: VOLUME, Rotary encoder: Data dial
- - PHONES jack x2: Stereo 1/4" phone type
- - AUDIO INPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- - AUDIO OUTPUT jacks (L/Mono, R/Mono): 1/4" phone type
- - USB COMPUTER connector (Type B, reception and transmission of MIDI data)
- - USB MEMORY (Type A, data storage devices)
- - MIDI connectors (IN, OUT): Visual Control function
- - VIDEO OUTPUT jack: RCA-type (CVBS, PAL or NTSC selectable)
- - Foot pedal jack: HOLD, SWITCH/EXPRESSION (programmable)
- Speakers: 10 cm x 2
- Rated power output: 12 W x 2
- Power supply: AC adaptor
- Power consumption: 1100mA
- Auto Off function: Off, 10 min, 30 min, 240 min
- Accessories: Owner’s Manual, AC adaptor, Power cord (for connecting the AC adaptor), Music rest, CD-ROM (Style Converter 4.0, USB driver)
- Option (sold separately): USB Flash Memory: M-UF series, Pedal Switch: DP series, Footswitch: BOSS FS-5U, Expression Pedal: EV series
No upgrades available