Roland Fantom 08 Synthesizer Overview
Feature-packed, portable and performance-orientated workstation synth with an expressive weighted keybed, advanced sound engines and 16-part multitimbrality.
Roland’s Fantom-08 workstation keyboard is a member of the Fantom-0 series - a range of cutting-edge instruments that condense what made the flagship Fantom range so acclaimed into a streamlined and more affordable package. The Fantom-08 synthesizer sits at the top of the Fantom-0 series and boasts an 88-key PHA-4 weighted hammer action keybed that’s perfect for acoustic piano sounds. The Fantom-0 keyboard also features assignable velocity-sensitivity and channel aftertouch, allowing you to perform with exceptional expression and dynamics.
We recommend the Fantom-08 if you’re a pianist, composer or live performer that prefers the feel of weighted keys and wants the wide range of a traditional piano. Whilst most fully-featured, 88-key synth workstations are back-breakingly heavy, the Roland Fantom-08 comes in at a manageable 14.8kg making it ideal as a gigging keyboard.
The 61-key Fantom-06 and the 76-key Fantom-07 are available as more compact and affordable alternatives to the Fantom-08. Aside from having a shorter, synth-action keybed, the Fantom-06 and Fantom-07 are identical to the Fantom-08 in terms of I/O, interface and sound. The top-tier Fantom range presents an upgrade to the Fantom-0 keyboards, boasting a routable analogue filter, aftertouch-enabled keybeds and additional hands-on control for the sequencer.
If you’re looking for a premium keyboard that combines the tactile immediacy of a performance instrument with the sonic flexibility of a studio workstation - the Roland Fantom-08 is hard to beat.
*Please note, the Fantom-08 is not currently compatible with the Roland WC-1 Wireless Adaptor.
- Sounds and features inherited from the flagship FANTOM series
- Seamless workflow with no confusing modes
- Light and durable molded body design for easy transport
- Play and produce with thousands of electronic and acoustic sounds powered by Roland's advanced ZEN-Core and SuperNATURAL technologies
- New SuperNATURAL pianos with authentic acoustic grand sound and response
- Virtual ToneWheel Organ with harmonic bar control and quick-fire playability
- Deep onboard sampling features
- Scenes contain settings for all 16 layers plus effects and patterns
- Clip-based sequencing with instant pattern recording and triggering
- TR-REC sequencer inspired by classic Roland drum machines
- Color touchscreen, high-resolution knobs, sliders, RGB performance pads, and dedicated synth control section
- Pitch/mod lever and illuminated pitch and mod wheels
- Massive DSP power for plenty of polyphony and smooth sound transitions
- 4x32 USB audio interface and native integration with Logic Pro, MainStage, and Ableton Live
- Mic input and powerful onboard vocoder
- Support for Model Expansions, Sound Packs, Sample Packs, and more from Roland Cloud
- Comes with 15 Wave Expansions and 10 Sound Packs, available for download from Roland Cloud
- Compatible with FANTOM Scenes that use ZEN-Core, SuperNATURAL, and Virtual ToneWheel Organ sounds
- Custom 88-note keyboard with weighted action
- Keyboard: 88 Keys (PHA-4 Standard Keyboard: with Escapement and Ivory Feel)
- TONE: ZEN-Core, SuperNATURAL Acoustic, SuperNATURAL Acoustic Piano (EXSN01/03 Preload), SuperNATURAL Electric Piano (EXSN02 Preload), VTW Organ (Only ZONE2), Various MODEL sound generators (Require adding EXM Series), * ZEN-Core Tones and Model Tones can import and export, * Backup file has compatibility with FANTOM-6/7/8, but it can read the enabled features only.
- Expansion: EXZ Series, EXSN Series, EXM Series, * The expansion are rewritable internal sound generator memory. You can download data from the Roland Cloud and write it via a USB flash drive into the FANTOM's internal memory.
- Parts: 16 zones (Internal + External)Scenes128 scenes x 4 bank, * The Scenes can import and export.
- Tones: 3,500 tones or greater, 90 Drum kits or greater
- Tone Remain: 8 zones, * When "Scene Remain Switch" enabled. Tone Remain does not apply to VTW Organ sounds.
- Favorite: Rating System: 4 steps (0-3)
- Tone Search/Scene Search: Rating, Character
- Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 90 types
- Part EQ: 16 systems
- Drum Part COMP: 6 systems
- Insertion Effect: 2 systems, 90 types (Serial/Parallel connection selectable)
- TFX: 1 system, 90 types
- Input MFX: 1 system, 90 types
- Chorus: 9 types
- Reverb: 7 types
- Master Compressor
- Input Reverb: 7 types
- Input EQ: 1 system
- Band: 13, 20, 32
- Type: Mono, Stereo
- Preset Setting: 10
- User Setting: 20
- Chain: 16 Scenes x 32 Pages (Total 512 Scenes) per 1 Chain set
- Set: 100
- Marker: 36 (0-9, A-Z, a-z) per 1 Chain Set
- MIDI Tracks: 16
- Group: 16
- Pattern: 8 (per each track)
- Pattern Length: 64 measures
- Recording Method: Realtime recording, Step recording, TR-REC
- Editing Method: Piano roll edit (Touch Edit/Automation support), Microscope
- Song: 1 (per Scene)
- File format: Original, SMF export/import supported
- * PAD Sampler trigger data can be recorded.
- Format: SMF (Format 0/1)
- MIDI tracks: 16
- Tempo range: 5-300 BPM
- Transpose function: -5-+6 semitone
- Track Mute: Yes
- Track Solo: Yes
- A/B loop function: Yes
- * The pattern sequencer and SMF player can be used in each scene. They cannot be used at the same time.
- Format: 16/24-bit linear, 44.1/48 kHz, WAV/AIFF import supported.
- Number of Samples: 2,048
- Number of Multisamples: 128
- Sampling Time: The maximum is 2 minutes 44 second (1 Sample).
- * A total of approximately 256 MB (Share with Expansion titles)
- * Keyboard Multisample can import and export as ZEN-Core Tone.
- Format: 16/24-bit linear, 44.1/48 kHz, WAV/AIFF import supported
- Maximum Polyphony: 8
- Number of Samples: 16 pads x 4 banks
- Sampling Time: The maximum is 60 minutes (the equivalent of approximately 660 MB).
- * A total of approximately 2 GB (including imported WAV files)
- * When you use the PAD samples as KBD Wave, then you have to manipulation it.
- Size: 2 GB
- Rhythm Pattern: Yes
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Chord Memory: Yes
- Motional Pad: Yes
- PAD Mode: Sample Pad, Note Pad, Partial Sw/Sel, DAW Control, Zone Mute, Zone Solo, Kbd Sw Group, Rhythm Pattern, Pattern, Variation Play, Group Play
- AIRA LINK: * When connect to MX-1
- Controllers: Pitch Bend/Modulation lever *1, Assignable Switch x 2 (S1/S2), Control knob x 8, Slider x 8, Wheel x 2 *1, Function knob x 6, Sound Modified knob x 2 *1, 4 x 4 Pad *1: 1,024 step editing support. It can be use with Cutoff, Resonance.
- Display: Graphic Type, 5.5" (1,280 x 720 dots), backlite LCD (Color/Touch screen, Screensaver, Wallpaper support)
- Connectors: Headphones jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type, MAIN OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch TRS type), SUB OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type), SUB OUT STEREO (PHONES) jacks: Stereo miniature phone type PHONES Support, Mic Input jacks: 1/4 inch TRS type, Line Input jacks: (L/MONO,R) (1/4 inch phone type), FOOT PEDAL jacks(HOLD, CTRL1, CTRL2), MIDI connectors (IN, OUT), USB MEMORY port, USB COMPUTER port (AUDIO/MIDI), External Device Port: A Roland A-49 or an A-PRO series MIDI Controller can be connected. * Operation is not guaranteed if a generic MIDI device is connected.
- Audio Interface: Max 24 bit/96 KHz, Record 16 Stereo Channel, Playback 2 Stereo Channel
- External Memory: USB Flash drive (sold separately)
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor
- Power Consumption: 1,300 mAh
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, AC adaptor
- Options (sold separately): Keyboard Stand: KS-10Z, KS-12, KS-20X, Pedal Switch: DP series, RPU-3, Expression Pedal: EV-5, USB Flash drive
- Width: 1,393 mm, 54-7/8 inches
- Depth: 354 mm, 13-15/16 inches
- Height: 138 mm, 5-7/16 inches
- Weight: 14.8 kg, 32 lbs 11 oz
Roland RCC-3-2814 Black Dual Unbalanced Jack Cable, 3ft/1m
Roland RCC-15-2814 Black Dual Unbalanced Jack Cable, 15ft/4.5m
Roland RCC-10-2814 Black Dual Unbalanced Mono Jack Cable, 10ft/3m
Roland RMIDI-B5-DUAL Black Dual MIDI Cable, 5ft/1.5m
Roland RMIDI-B10-DUAL Black Dual MIDI Cable, 10ft/3m
Roland EV-5 Expression Pedal
Roland DP 10 Piano Style Sustain Pedal