Strymon Big Sky Multidimensional Reverberator Pedal
Strymon leads the way for powerful, digital multi-effect pedals, with the Big Sky being their flagship model. It’s a digital reverb workstation pedal with an extensive variety of reverb sounds letting you achieve the exact tone you’re looking for, with multiple deep-editing parameters and 12 reverb engines - Room, Hall, Plate, Spring, Swell, Bloom, Cloud, Chorale, Shimmer, Magneto, Non-linear, and Reflections, so you can get anything from glittering shimmer, ethereal washes, warm springs and classic ambient sounds all in one compact pedal. With the sheer amount of tones, this would make a great addition to your pedalboard.
The Big Sky Multidimensional Reverberator Pedal delivers studio-quality sounds thanks to the SHARP DSP engine, ensuring you’ll get the best possible sound. There are 300 patches available, allowing you to save custom presets so you can quickly and easily recall your favourite reverb tones, and has many tone-shaping controls to further sculpt your sound.
It also has an expression pedal input, so you can plug in your expression pedal and control the effect parameters as and when you need to, stereo inputs and outputs, and the pedal is MIDI enabled, giving you even more options. This is also a durable pedal with its rugged black aluminium knobs and metal footswitches, and while it’s not the cheapest pedal, you can be certain that it’s worth every penny.
Clear Skies Ahead.
Plug into BigSky and instantly lift your sound into the stratosphere. The world below you fades into the distance, and you’re elevated into a glow of lush, glorious, radiant reverbs.
To create a reverb experience as natural, beautiful, and immersive as BigSky required tremendous feats of sound engineering and artistic imagination. Using the fundamentals of acoustical science as our beacon, we carefully studied and scientifically analyzed reverb technology from the past fifty years. We faithfully captured the essence of these classic sounds, and forged ahead to dream up our vision of reverbs from the future.
Go where no reverb has gone before.
Feel the mechanical tension of the Spring reverbs. Hear the floating particles of the Cloud machine. Defy the laws of physics with the Nonlinear reverbs. Unleash the multi-head reverberations of the Magneto machine. BigSky gives you twelve studio-class reverb machines, each with simple yet powerful controls.
12 Unique Reverb Machines
BigSky gives you twelve studio-class, musically inspirational reverb machines.
- SOUND DESIGN
- - Hand crafted, studio-class reverb algorithms deliver lush, gorgeous, and musically inspiring reverb experiences
- - Twelve reverb machines to choose from: Room, Hall, Plate, Spring, Swell, Bloom, Cloud, Chorale, Shimmer, Magneto, Nonlinear, Reflections
- - Seven front-panel tone shaping knobs: Decay, Pre-Delay, Mix, Tone, Mod, Param 1, Param 2 (Param knobs assignable per preset)
- - Additional menu parameters allow for easy customization of reverb sounds
- - 300 easily accessible and namable presets
- - Press-and-hold Infinite Sustain and Freeze functions, saveable per preset
- - Spillover and Reverb Persist modes, saveable per preset
- - Selectable Speaker Cabinet emulation for direct-to-PA gigs or recording applications
- - Three rugged metal footswitches for preset selection and effect bypass
- - LED display for preset info, reverb decay time, and extended parameter control
- - Multi-color preset LEDs (green for active preset, amber for edited preset)
- - Full MIDI implementation allows extended control for those with more complex rigs
- - Sturdy and lightweight light blue anodized aluminum chassis, with laser-etched artwork
- - Durable black anodized aluminum knobs
- - Studio-grade audio input and output jacks
- INS & OUTS
- - Stereo input and output
- - Expression pedal input with selectable control over any knob or combination of knobs, saveable per preset (also configurable as external tap input)
- - MIDI input and output
- - Included 9V center-negative power supply (300mA minimum required)
- AUDIO QUALITY
- - Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- - Premium analog front end and output section
- - Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- - 115dB typical signal to noise at 50% wet mix (120db at 100% dry mix, 109dB at 100% wet mix)
- - 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- - +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals
- - Super high performance DSP in a compact form factor
- - 32-bit floating point processing
- - 366MHz SIMD SHARC processor core, capable of 2.4 Gigaflops peak performance
- - True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- - High quality, tranparent Analog Buffered Bypass mode
- - +/- 3dB Boost/Cut, saveable per preset
- - Optional Kill Dry mode mutes dry signal, for use in parallel effects loops
- - Dimensions: 6.75″ (171mm) wide, 5.1″ (130mm) deep
- - Designed and Built in the USA
Excellent reverb pedal
Absolutely incredible sounds from this pedal, build quality is brilliant and the different reverb types are endless, only fault that I can say about it was the lack of instructions in the instruction booklet that comes with it ! Pretty much useless as far as how to navigate the preset menu? Fortunately I did find some guidance on YouTube on how to find said presets! But after i found out it’s been an absolute joy to use, I was thinking if it was worth the quite high price tag ? But fear not, it’s worth every penny I can assure you, takes your music production to another level! Stunning ??
One of the best I have ever had the pleasure to use.
What can I say, the best reverb pedal I have ever owned, no where near trying out all the possibilities with it but it sounds amazing whatever the settings.