Strymon Iridium Amp IR Cab Pedal
The Strymon Iridium Amp IR Cab Pedal is a great option for those who like their pedals but don’t want to keep dragging an amp around in order to use them. This innovative, compact pedal gives you the tone stack, tube staging, and touch response of three different amps, each with three different cab options, which can go straight to a PA system, mixing desk, or recording interface in a line-level stereo output.
The three tube amps included are Round, Chime, and Punch. ‘Round’ is based on the Normal channel of a Deluxe Reverb, delivering a bright, clean sound with high headroom, with classic Tweed-era tones the more you turn up the Middle knob, and more scooped tones when you turn it down.
‘Chime’ is modelled on the Brilliant channel of the Vox AC30TB, providing a bright, jangly sound, with the Middle control functioning as a tone cut to get a high-end roll-off just before the power tubes.
‘Punch’ is modelled on a Marshall Plexi (Super Lead Model number 1959), which provides a meaty, high gain with a powerful midrange, smooth overdrive. Cranking up the Drive knob will deliver the classic growl you’d expect, as well as hot-rodded Plexi high gain tones.
There’s also 9 realistic speaker cab impulse responses (3 for each amp model) that use full 24bit 96kHz resolution:
Deluxe Reverb 1x12” by OwnHammer
Blues Junior 1x12” by cabIR
Vibrolux 2x10” by cabIR
AC30 2x12” AlNiCo by OwnHammer
1s12” AlNiCo by Celestion
Mesa 4x12” by Valhallir
GNR 4X12” by OwnHammer
2×12″ Vintage 30 by Celestion
Marshall 8×12″ AlNiCo by cabIR
…and if you have your own custom IRs that you prefer, you can import them through USB using the Strymon Impulse Manager.
There’s also three different Room reverbs, which can be adjusted by holding the On footswitch, then turning the Room knob to ‘change the size of the Room’ to get your desired sound. The Strymon Iridium IR Cab Pedal also has MIDI capabilities and is incredibly responsive. This pedal is great for guitarists who want to make their rigs as portable as possible.
Leave Your Amp At Home.
Nothing reveals the true nature of your guitar and your playing like a world-class tube amp driving a perfectly matched speaker cabinet in a great sounding room. Now there is a pedal that truly delivers that sound and feel, with simple controls for effortlessly dialing in the perfect amp tone when going direct. Discover inspiring tube amp responsiveness, unprecedented impulse response speaker cabinet realism, and controllable natural sounding room ambience.
Go Direct With Gorgeous Tone.
Iridium gives you three iconic amplifiers, with a total of nine impulse response speaker cabinets that complement the tonality of the amp. Skip the hassle of lugging around or miking amps. Place Iridium on your pedalboard and send gorgeous stereo amplifier tones, stunningly realistic cabs, and lush room ambience direct to a recording interface or PA system. With Iridium, it’s a snap to dial in a direct tone that will truly inspire and sound great whether you are monitoring through in-ears, floor wedges, reference monitors, or studio headphones.
Three Iconic Amplifiers
Our Matrix Modeling™ process captures all the subtleties and unique tonal qualities of each amplifier. We’ve taken three iconic tube amps with distinct characters and mathematically modeled every aspect of their circuitry with absolute precision to deliver the response, feel, and inspiring experience of playing through the original amps at their best. Taking the process a step further, we’ve hot-rodded each amp to provide an extended range of tonal options beyond what was available from the original designs.
Nine Stereo IR Cabinets
Iridium’s speaker cabinets offer a level of realism and responsiveness unprecedented in outboard effects. Iridium delivers full stereo 24bit 96kHz resolution for the entire 500 milliseconds of its speaker cabinet impulse responses. Until now, IRs of this resolution have only been available for use within studio recording software. Iridium’s breakthrough technology means you can use the very best impulse responses available, bringing maximum realism to your pedalboard.
Adjustable Room Ambience
Iridium’s hybrid room reverb combines a 256 millisecond stereo impulse response with Strymon’s reverb tank algorithm for extended decay. This combination places your amp and cab in a natural sounding room (small, medium, or large), creating a space for your amp to open up and breathe.
- 24 bit/96kHz 500 millisecond (!) specification* (a world first for hardware) mean sounds WAY ahead of Helix, Fractal, and Kemper, providing a complete set of massively detailed amp/cab tones—preamp, tone stack, power amp, and cab
- 3 'Matrix Modeled'™ amp models selectable on board, based on Fender Deluxe™, Vox AC30TB™ brilliant channel, Marshall Plexi Super Lead '59™)** Or access 4 presets (3 plus onboard favorite) with a MultiSwitch Plus, or 300 via MIDI.
- 9 IR cabinet models selectable on board, or 300 via MIDI. (Amp and Cab can be separately bypassed via drive knob secondary function)
- USB socket to load IR files and firmware updates; load your own impulse responses using Strymon's free Impulse Manager software
- Simple, amp-style bass, mid and treble controls allow exact recreation of classic tones. More extreme settings allow hot-rodding of the originals to provide an extended range of tonal options!
- Dedicated drive and level controls
- Dedicated ambience control combines 256ms impulse responses w. reverb for extended lush decay. 'Room size' set small/medium/large by secondary function.
- Bypass/favourite footswitches
- Mono/Mono Sum/Stereo in (can be set for inst. or line level, discrete analogue JFET input stage provides up to 22dB of gain) and Mono/Stereo out
- EXP input to connect MultiSwitch Plus, MiniSwitch or MIDI/EXP cable to access 300 presets and MIDI automation
- For live and studio use: play live with the same amp and cab tones you use at home, leaving your stack at home, and send your amp and cab tone direct to a wedge or in-ear monitor. In the studio, recreate your stack tone in the studio with just the Iridium DI'd
- Discrete transistor headphone socket allows silent rehearsal/latency free monitoring via 25-70 Ohm headphones. Level can be set using secondary function 'Level Trim'.
- 9v centre negative 500 milliamp power supply included
I had a feeling this might be a good product but I didn't realise how good! I normally use multi-effects/modellers as they offer great ease of use but have never felt the sound is quite 'there' yet. The sound quality of the Iridium seems exceptional so it has turned out to be a perfect choice for me.
Blown away by this. Cannot believe how much this sounds like my Deluxe mic’d up. If you are looking for an alternative to recording your amp through a mic then this is it.
Great pedal sounds amazing
It's a super product: well designed, well made and sounds superb. Highly recommend. Simple to operate yet with plenty of options and all classic sounds....... simply the best!
Sounds great... didn't quite match up to the hype for me. I was expecting a 'fatter' emulation.