Yamaha THR5 Modelling Guitar Amp
The Yamaha THR5 Modelling Guitar Amp is the little brother of the THR10, it offers the sound quality of the THR10, but in a more portable form, great for use at home or while travelling. Designed for electric guitars, the THR5 has a few different electric guitar channels, offering five realistic, built-in amp sounds - Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brit Hi, and Modern, giving you valve amp tones all in a small, portable unit. It also has a USB interface so it can be used as a playback device for your PC, and there’s Cubase AI software included, so you can get straight to recording!
There’s also a built-in tuner, tap tempo function to quickly set delay time, and a whole host of effects such as chorus, flanger, phaser, tremolo, delay, various reverbs and more. It works great as a ‘Third Amp’ - it’s not just a smaller version of a large amp but designed to be used for practising at home, and the portability means you’re able to play and record wherever you are.
There’s the Yamaha THR5A Acoustic Guitar Amp if you’re more of a singer-songwriter or acoustic guitar player, or if you want more power, you could try the Yamaha THR10II Desktop Amplifier or the Yamaha THR10II Wireless Desktop Amplifier.
The Yamaha THR30II Wireless Desktop Amplifier has 30 watts in total, a Line 6 Relay wireless receiver, Bluetooth, rechargeable battery, a line out for recording. The Yamaha THR30IIA Wireless Acoustic Amplifier is designed for acoustic guitarists who want the same wireless capabilities of other amps in the THR range.
There’s also 20-watt versions in this range - Yamaha THR10II Desktop Amplifier, which is the more conventional wired version, and the Yamaha THR10II Wireless Desktop Amplifier, the wireless version, which also has a rechargeable battery.
The amps featured here have 10 watts, with options designed for acoustic guitarists and electric guitarists.
The Yamaha THR5 Modelling Guitar Amp is the little brother of the THR10, with the same great quality but in a more portable form. The THR5 has a few different electric guitar channels, offering five realistic, built-in amp sounds and a USB interface.
The Yamaha THR5A Acoustic Guitar Amp is optimised to work with electric-acoustic guitars, with realistic microphone modelling, and built-in effects that are used for acoustic guitars.
Welcome to a new kind of amp…
The THR is designed to fit where, when and how you play when you’re not on stage. With big amp response, incredible effects and hi-fi stereo sound in a package that’s built to meet all of your off-stage needs, you’re about to begin a new chapter in your playing.
Not a sound, a feeling…
Developed by a team of guitarists in search of the ultimate tone, THR delivers the sound that you want and the feeling that you need. Effects that enhance and complement your playing combine with room-filling reverbs and delays to push your playing to new levls. And thanks to THR’s unique design and focus, stadium-filling volume isn’t a prerequisite - everything about this amp is designed to fit the way you play, right down to the need to keep it quiet sometimes. With tone and feel like this, you’ll appreciate the ability to keep playing all night.
Full-fledged recording with Cubase AI
THR’s incredible amp models give the tone and response of a real amp, cranked, mic’d and straight into a mixing console - all through the USB or line output. THR comes bundled with Steinberg’s Cubase AI music production software to make professional-quality recording and editing with those tones just a click away. Utilizing the free THR Editor Software, you’ll be able to create and modify the amp sounds with incredible depth.
More than just a practice amp…
When practicing is such an important part of playing, why should you accept a tone from your practice amp that’s anything less than inspirational? With THR you don’t have to, and the outstanding stereo playback sound will keep you playing harder, longer and later than ever before.
THR’s combination of outstanding tone, flexibility and portability makes it the perfect backstage warm-up amp.
Ready when you are…
With THR’s great tone, you’ll want to play every chance you get. It’s the only amp that will give you the sound you want, wherever and whenever inspiration strikes.
- THR5 offers five amp types
- - CLEAN
- - CRUNCH
- - LEAD
- - BRIT HI
- - MODERN
- VCM EFFECTS
- - Most of THR's effects feature VCM effects processors. Based on the technology used in Yamaha's professional audio mixers, VCM effects give unsurpassed realism and quality.
- VCM (Virtual Circuitry Modeling)
- - VCM effects are capable of capturing subtleties that simple digital simulations cannot even approach, going beyond simple simulation and delivering the truly musical performance that makes classic analog gear invaluable even in today's digital production environment.
- YAMAHA Hi-Fi Audio Technology
- - THR was developed with Yamaha's award-winning AV division to offer true hi-fi stereo sound and a new experience in guitar amplifiers. The exclusive, specially designed speaker enclosure is optimised to handle both guitar and stereo playback sounds making THR uniquely capable of giving you amazing tone for both your guitar and your track from a compact, portable amp.
- New Extended Stereo Technology
- - THR incorporates Yamaha's new Extended Stereo Technology to create an incredibly wide, spacious audio image. Stereo tracks and studio quality reverb take on a depth unimaginable from such a small enclosure.
- BATTERY POWERED or AC POWERED
- - THR's two-way power supply lets the unit operate on AC (PSU supplied) or battery power.
- CUBASE AI
- - THR is bundled with Cubase AI, Steinberg's professional music production application that offers full-fledged recording and editing.
- THR Editor
- - The THR Editor, available for download from http://download.yamaha.com, offers deep editing of amp and effect parameters using a computer. Additional in-depth controls include compressor and noise gate functions.
- USB Connection
- - THR's design provides stereo playback from your smartphone or other device through its AUX jack or direct from your computer via the USB connection.
- TAP : TIME / HOLD : TUNER
- - Tap tempo function to quickly set delay time.The built-in chromatic tuner features accurate, stable tuning and an easy to read display.
- Virtual Tube Illumination
- - THR's Virtual Tube Illumination includes a simulated orange tube glow from the metal speaker grille.
No upgrades available
Excellent piece of kit
Yes OK it's not the cheapest but yamaha have excelled with this little beauty. About the size of a large sliced loaf, this highly flexible modelling amp just oozes quality.
Good for beginners
Amazing piece off kit well impressed
This is a fantastic amp, big sound from a little box! Love the fake valve glow too. The THR editor software is easy to use, but I found the CubaseAI software complicated and unclear. Far easier to use Audacity to record with. Im sure the Cubase is a very good package when you get into it, its just that I prefer something simpler. I highly recommended the THR5.