Akai Professional MPK Mini MK 2 Controller Keyboard
Akai MPK Mini MK 2 Keyboard Controller overview from GAK
The MPK Mini MK2 is a supremely popular compact MIDI Keyboard controller found on the desks and workstations of songwriters and producers all over the globe. One of the most popular controllers Akai produce, the Mini MK 2 features 25 velocity-sensitive synth-action keys, a 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation manipulation, 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads, and 8 assignable Q-Link knobs.
The MPK Mini MK2 is perfect for producers on the go, its compact and lightweight design allows it to easily fit in your bag and thanks to its plug and play automatic mapping and configuration. with no need for driver installation, it's good to go as soon as a connection is established.
The MPK Mini's button and key array contain everything you need for expressive playing and hands-on control of your sounds. Dedicated octave up and down buttons expand the keyboard to a full melodic range, whilst the sustain pedal input allows you to connect a pedal for the full expressive experience. The MPK Mini also houses an onboard arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range and modes that give you the power to create complex and great sounding melodic sequences with ease.
The MPK Mini MK2 comes complete with a large array of software. Akai Pro 'VIP 3.0' offers users an intuitive music platform from which to take control of your VST instrument and effects collection. Seamlessly integrate your hardware and instruments to maximise workflow through quick navigation and assignment. Search instruments base on type, timbre, style or articulation from your whole VST catalogue, formulate new and exciting sound via layering 8 separate instruments and patches per VIP instance. You can also load up to 4 VST effects per instrument channel to customise your sounds further, experiment with Pad Chord Progressions, Key Control processors and much more. Furthermore, the Akai MPK Mini MK2 also comes complete with SONiVOX's 'Wobble' synth, the 'Hybrid 3' synth and the beat triggering production software 'MPC Essentials'.
- Incorporates 5 years of user feedback for an all-new, enhanced design
- 25 synth-action mini keys
- 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation control
- 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads with Note Repeat & Full Level
- 8 assignable Q-Link knobs for mixing, tweaking plug-ins, and more
- Built-in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes
- Dedicated Octave Up and Octave Down buttons
- Ultra-compact design lets you create anywhere
- USB-powered; no power adapter required
- Full-size sustain pedal input jack
- - Number of Keys: 25 velocity-sensitive
- - Pads: 8 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 2 banks
- - Knobs: 8 assignable controller pots
- - Computer interface: USB-MIDI communications to Mac/PC
- - Programs: 4
- - Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- - Arpeggiator: Yes
- - Additional Controls: Pitchbend/Mod Joystick, Note Repeat button, Full Level button, Tap Tempo button
- - Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS input for sustain pedal
- - Power: USB power via full-size USB jack; no power adapter required
- - Dimensions: 12.5" x 7.13" x 1.75"
- - Weight: 1.65 lbs
- Hardware Requirements
- - Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended); 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended); Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- - PC: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron-compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended); 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended); Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP; Windows-compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended); QuickTime recommended
- - Available USB port
- Editor Software Requirements
- - Mac OS X 10.7+ or Windows 7+
Does exactly what I want it to do. Build quality pretty good.
Quality lightweight product but feels well made. Great features, love the velocity sensitive drum pads are a great feature for beat making as well as the built-in arpeggiator/octave controls. Works well with Windows 10. Perfect as a permanent fixture in a studio or for on the go but worthwhile investing in a carry case, to absorb scratches and knocks.
Great product delivered quickly. I’ve used GAK several times now and remain professionally consistent;) Now they’re my number go to for musical equipment. Lowest prices too;)
Really good, does the job and reasonably priced. Perfect for any beginner starting to use midi keyboards. Banging bruv x
First ever controller, and a newbie in to using computer for music and recording. So difficult to get head around all the software and how it all works. But this is a good start and good product.