Boss AD-10 Acoustic Preamp Pedal
The Boss AD-10 Acoustic Preamp features advanced tone tools for serious acoustic players.
Anyone who plays an amplified acoustic guitar on stage knows what a challenge it is to get a sound that’s as inspiring as playing the instrument acoustically. The AD-10 is your solution to this age-old problem, offering advanced sound tools that enable you to achieve rich, natural acoustic tones every time you perform. At its core, the AD-10 is a fully featured, dual-channel acoustic preamp/DI pedal with premium audio quality, deep sound-shaping options, and flexible connectivity. On top of that, ambience, chorus, and delay effects are built in, eliminating the need to carry external sound processing.
But the AD-10 takes acoustic preamp design to an all-new level with its standout feature—BOSS’s groundbreaking Acoustic Resonance processing. This advanced tech restores the complex body and string resonances that are lost with most pickup systems, bringing back the expressive, organic vibe that’s so vital to the acoustic experience. And the features keep on coming, with transparent anti-feedback controls, memories for sound setups, an 80-second looper, USB audio, and much more. Hugely powerful yet simple to use, the compact AD-10 is your all-in-one companion for realizing impressive acoustic tones in every performing environment.
- Professional preamp/DI for performing and recording with acoustic-electric guitar
- Acoustic Resonance restores the warm and rich resonance lost with most pickup systems
- Four-band EQ and variable low-cut filter tuned to deliver optimized tone shaping for acoustic guitar
- Multi-band compressor with MDP technology provides transparent dynamics control
- Newly developed anti-feedback functions control feedback while maintaining balanced tone
- Two channels with independent EQ for connecting two instruments or blending multiple pickup sources
- Onboard ambience, delay, and chorus effects with multiple sound types and adjustable parameters
- Boost function with adjustable tone setting
- Memory function for storing 10 sound setups
- Onboard looper with 80 seconds of recording time
- XLR and ¼-inch connectivity for interfacing with PA systems, stage monitors, amps, and external effects
- USB audio interface functionality for computer recording and playback
- Fast and accurate built-in tuner
- Compact and portable design; runs on AC adapter or six AA-size batteries
Signal processing capabilities are excellent for my nylon strings acoustic guitar. The looping and efects are limited.
The constant striving to make even a really great acoustic guitar sound as good on stage (especially through other people's PA systems) as it does in a studio with a Neumann mic is probably like looking for a musical unicorn. I've tried LOTS of Acoustic pedals and amps, and the AD-10 is likely to get closest. It sounds fine through my PA, a Fender Deluxe Reverb, a Boss Katana 100 and even a little Bose S1 Pro. The upside is lots of functions (meaning you can tweak endlessly); the downside is lots of functions (meaning that it has lots of menu items to get your head around). Other pluses of course: two inputs with separate levels and eq; usable effects, tuner, reverb, comp and boost; noise reduction (gets rid of slight whine when using Boss WL-50 wireless); will run off a powerbank; acoustic resonance (still not a Neumann in a studio but useful) and especially 10 memories: so I already have presets to suit a Taylor, a Fylde, a Seagull, a Sire, a J160E and a Tele with a Fishman Powerbridge and I'm deciding which guitars to use the rest on. The looper would not meet Sheeran requirements but it's handy if you want to solo over a verse/chorus pattern you previously played. So far very good, and the manual is reasonably easy to follow. Nearly 5 stars, but that's reserved for when a pedal is as good as a Neumann.
I love this pre-amp, it's everything I ever wanted in an acoustic pedal. The effects, such as chorus, are nice and subtle and transparent, which enhances the sound without masking the sound of the actual acoustic guitar. I this Boss have really thought long and hard about what acoustic guitar players are after. It has everything you need to improve your tone without making it sound synthetic.