Boss GE-7 Graphic Equaliser
Boss GE-7 Product Overview by GAK
The GE-7 is a 7 band graphic equaliser pedal from Boss, with frequencies ranging from 100Hz to 6.4kHz, with up to 15dB boost/cut per band.
The EQ pedal allows you to cut or boost certain frequencies when you need to, without having to rely on the sound technician.
A great pedal to use as a "boost" pedal for solos or eliminating feedback noise.
Boss Product Overview
The BOSS GE-7 Graphic Equaliser lets you shape your sound and eliminate frequencies causing feedback. Its seven band EQ ranges from 100Hz to 6.4kHz with a powerful 15dB boost/cut per band, this lets you dial in a range of tones, letting you stand out from the mix when you want to, or even blend in with other instruments more effectively.
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Residual Noise Level: 1 k ohms
- Residual Noise Level: -100 dBu (IHF-A Weighted, Typ.)
- Variable Range Equalizer Control: /- 15 dB, Level Control: /- 15 dB
- -INPUT: Jack
- -OUTPUT: Jack
- -AC Adaptor: Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply
- -DC 9 V
- -Dry Battery 9 V type (6F22/9 V)
- -AC Adaptor
- -Current Draw: 10 mA (DC 9 V)
- -Option: AC Adaptor (PSA-Series)
- Size and Weight ( incl. battery )
- -Width: 73 mm 2-7/8 inches
- -Depth: 129 mm 5-1/8 inches
- -Height: 59 mm 2-3/8 inches
- -Weight: 0.5 kg 1 lbs.
Brilliant on-the-spot tone-shaping tool. Opens up virtually infinite sound possibilities, very handy when stacking overdrives with some or a lot of overlap in their tonal voicings. Also great for approximating the tones of completely different styles of pickups. Small adjustments tend to work best, a subtle nudge of the slider in the problematic frequency band is often all you need. Equally, you can throw that out and morph the tonal profile to something incredibly different. After my tuner it's hands-down the most indispensable pedal on my board. Allows me to shape the one tone control on the Pro Junior IV into even more harmonic/percussive/airy/creamy/bell-like territory. Been guitaring more or less 20 years now and i could probably count on one hand the amount of reviews I've been compelled to write, if that's an indicator of how game-changing the GE-7 has been to the fundamental way in which i dial in a tone.
Came next day in great condition
Good unit. Does the job.
Great for adjusting guitar tone also useable as clean boost
Does what it says on the tin.