Boss RC-500 Dual Track Loop Station Pedal
Boss RC-500 Dual Track Loop Station Pedal
Here’s What Boss Say:
“The RC-500 is the latest Dual Track Looper in our Loop Station range, which has been given a number or enhancements and optimisations, offering musicians a completely new way to get creative with their music. The previous RC-30 could possibly be the most successful Looper we ever released and the RC-500 has taken this Dual Track Loop Station to the next level. This includes a 32 Bit Processor, brand new optimised effects, a backlit display, assignable controls, MIDI in/out, improved rhythms and even more recording time. The more powerful processor, new effects engine and improved rhythm sounds make the RC-500 the highest quality sounding Looper we have ever made, bringing Boss Loop Stations to the future. There is no other Looper on the market that is able to have this amount of power, yet run off x4 AA batteries. For users that need more tracks, more buttons to have better control of your loops, as well as a builtin expression pedal, check out the RC-300. The Boss RC-500 comes a 3-year warranty when registered with Roland Backstage.”
Overview By GAK
The Boss RC-500 is a Dual Track Looper, meaning that you have two independent tracks to built/stack/layer performances. Each track is controlled separately, meaning you have far more creative control. There is a total of 13 hours recording time, meaning you can fill up the 99 Memory locations with 13 hours worth of audio. Either of the two tracks available on the RC-500 are quickly accessible thanks to the introduction of the dedicated Track Select button. This enables you to switch between tracks at the touch of a button. All the onboard buttons can be reassigned to whatever you desire, making your performances as slick as possible and personalised to the user. These tracks, as well as all the other settings of the RC-500, are clearly visible on the LED Backlit display, which features different colours to show which mode you are currently on (Red - Record, Amber - Dub, Green - Play) which is perfect for dark stages. Unlock the full potential of the RC-500 with the use of an external footswitch (sold separately), like the Boss FS-6 or Boss FS-7 or expression pedals such as the Roland EV-5 or Boss Expression Pedal.
The most important part of any instrument, product or recording is the quality of the sound. This may seem obvious, though it’s something that can sometimes be forgotten. The Boss RC-500 Looper Pedal is powered by a 32-Bit Processor, making the audio quality crystal clear and pristine. It’s double the resolution of the previous models, taking the Boss Loop Station to Ultra HDR levels. The recording will be far cleaner, luscious, richer, warmer and the unit runs much more efficiently, so no matter how many layers you add, the RC-500 will not clip/lose quality. To add to the audio quality further, the RC-500 has optimised effects, including LOOP FX (only for loop tracks) Beat Repeat, Beat Shift, Beat Scatter, Vinyl Flick and Reverb (only for rhythm part).
The RC-500 Loop Pedal also includes 57 Rhythm Tracks, meaning that you can choose between the high-quality preset drum sounds/rhythms, without losing one of your audio tracks to accommodate for it. The BPM of the Rhythm Track is automatically determined by the loop you have already recorded, making your performances less robotic and more human. This is a technology unique to Boss Loop Stations.
The Boss RC-500 Dual Track Loop Station Pedal seamlessly integrates into your live, home or studio setup due to the wide array of inputs/outputs. The RC-500 is “True-Stereo” In/Out, ensuring your sound is expansive as possible. You can plug into the RC-500 with any instrument you like, as there are traditional jack inputs, as well as an XLR input that can also provide 48v Phantom Power for condenser microphones. The RC-500 also has MIDI In/Out, enabling you to sync with external hardware, effects pedals or DAW. You could sync the tempo of your MIDI Enabled modulation/time-based effects, like the Boss 500 or 200 Series.
There is no other Looper on the market that is able to have this amount of power, yet run off x4 AA batteries.
For users that need more tracks, more buttons to have better control of your loops, as well as a built-in expression pedal, check out the RC-300.
Overview By Boss
The Boss RC-500 is an essential partner for guitarists, singer/songwriters, multi-instrumentalists, and anyone who wants to take their looping to the next level. Craft real-time compositions with two loop tracks, mic and stereo instrument inputs, rhythms, and inspiring Loop FX, all backed by the premium 32-bit audio quality. Store loops in onboard memories, and explore expanded operation with external controls and MIDI. Filled with next-generation Loop Station features, the RC-500 gives serious creators the tools they need to develop new ideas and deliver impactful performances that will leave audiences wanting more.
Super Sound Quality
Featuring best-in-class 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing, the RC-500 captures your personal sound with full fidelity and keeps loops crystal clear, even with multiple overdubs. And with 13 hours of stereo recording time, there’s plenty of space for extended creative journeys.
Connect, Loop, and Mix
With its versatile I/O and free-flowing interface, the RC-500 is ready to support all your musical visions. Connect mono/stereo instruments and pedal effects, plus a mic to the dedicated XLR input—complete with phantom power if needed. Use the two tracks independently for song-style composition, or together for rich multi-track textures. The LCD backlight changes colour to clearly show the current operation mode, while hands-on track faders and a mic level knob provide direct access to volume control as you loop.
Flexible Creative Control
Three onboard footswitches make it simple to control recording and playback, track switching, and more. For expanded operation, you can connect up to two external footswitches for direct control of many assignable functions, or an expression pedal for continuous adjustments. And for advanced rigs, the space-saving TRS MIDI I/O enables remote operation from MIDI switchers and foot controllers, plus MIDI sync with drum machines and DAWs.
Personalize Your Setup
The RC-500’s I/O and footswitches are configured for basic operations by default, but they can be reassigned in a variety of ways to meet your custom needs. Route left/right input sources to separate tracks or send guitar and vocals to independent outputs. Use the footswitches to turn effects on/off, start/stop rhythms, and more. Custom assignments are saved along with phrase memories, letting you instantly reconfigure the RC-500 for any application.
Energize Performances with Rhythms and Loop FX
Loaded with inspiring rhythms and evocative loop processing, the RC-500 is primed to bring groove and colour to all your looping adventures. Each of the 57 preset rhythms includes A/B variations, while 16 different drum kits provide sounds to match any style. Designed for live performance, Loop FX like repeat, scatter, and more infuse your loops with instant sonic energy. There’s a cool reverse function too, perfect for creating unique sonic flavours on demand.
Capture, Practice and Perform
The RC-500’s 99 phrase memories let you store loops as fast as you create them, complete with rhythm and kit selections, audio settings, and control assignments. Loop audio can be backed up to a computer via USB. And with WAV import via BOSS Tone Studio, the RC-500 becomes a central playback hub for lesson material, jam tracks, or backing music for your next gig.
- Advanced two-track looper with onboard mixing and deep control options
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing
- Stereo looper engine with 13 hours of recording time
- LCD with multi-color backlight for viewing loop status and editing parameters
- Mono/stereo inputs for easy pedalboard integration, plus independent XLR mic input with phantom power
- Reverse function and Loop FX (repeat, scatter, shift, and vinyl flick) for dynamic and engaging loop performances
- 16 different drum kits and 57 preset rhythms with A/B variations
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI I/O provided with space-saving mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately)
- Onboard storage for 99 phrase memories
- Back up and load WAV loops via USB
- Runs on four AA batteries or optional AC adaptor
- Sampling Frequency - 44.1 kHz
- AD/DA Conversion - 32 bits
- Processing - 32-bit floating point
- - Number of Track: 2
- - Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 32-bit float, stereo)
- - Maximum Recording Time: Approx. 1.5 hours (1 track), Approx.13 hours (total of All memories)
- Rhythm Type - 57 Patterns x 2 Variations
- Rhythm Kit - 16 types
- - LOOP FX (only for loop tracks)
- - Type: BEAT REPEAT, BEAT SHIFT, BEAT SCATTER, VINYL FLICK
- - Reverb (only for rhythm part)
- Memory - 99
- Nominal Input Level
- - MIC IN:-40 dBu (variable)
- - INST IN A/MONO,B: -10 dBu
- Maximum Input Level
- - MIC IN:+8 dBu
- - INST IN A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
- Input Impedance
- - MIC IN: 4 k ohms
- - INST IN A/MONO, B: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level - OUTPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
- Maximum Output Level - OUTPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
- Output Impedance - OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance - OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass - Buffered bypass
- - REC/PLAY switch, STOP switch, TRACK SELECT switch, MEMORY/VALUE knob, MIC LEVEL knob,
- TRACK 1 slider, TRACK 2 slider, TRACK 1 EDIT button, TRACK 2 EDIT button, RHYTHM TEMPO button, RHYTHM ON/OFF button, MEMORY button, MENU button, EXIT button, ENTER button, INPUT button
- Display - Graphic LCD (96 x 32 dots, RGB backlit LCD)
- - INST IN A/MONO, B jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- - MIC IN jack: XLR type (balanced, phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA Max
- - OUTPUT A/MONO, B jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- - CTL 1,2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- - USB port: USB micro B type
- - MIDI (IN, OUT) jacks: stereo miniature type
- - DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- - Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- - AC adaptor (PSA-S series: sold separately)
- Current Draw
- - 330 mA (with phantom power)
- - 240 mA (without phantom power)
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- - Alkaline: Approx. 3.5 hours (without phantom power)
- - Approx. 2 hours (with phantom power)
- *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- - Owner's manual
- - Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- - Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- - Rubber foot x 4
- Options (sold separately)
- - AC adaptor: PSA-S series
- - Footswitch: FS-5U
- - Dual Footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
- - Expression Pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
- - TRS/MIDI connecting cable: BMIDI-5-35
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - Width - 170 mm, 6-3/4 inches
- - Depth - 138 mm, 5-7/16 inches
- - Height (including rubber foot) - 62 mm, 2-1/2 inches
- Weight (including battery) - 950 g, 2.1 lb
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.