Boss RC-5 Loop Station Pedal
Boss RC-5 Loop Station Pedal
Here’s What Boss Say:
“The RC-5 is the latest Single Compact Looper in our Loop Station range, which has been given a number or enhancements and optimisations, offering musicians a completely new way to get creative with their music. The previous RC-3 was potentially our most simple to use Looper we ever created. The RC-5 has kept the easy-to-use nature of the RC-3 and brought the single compact Loop Station to the next level. This includes a 32 Bit Processor, brand new optimised effects, a backlit display, assignable controls, MIDI in/out, improved rhythms and even more recording time. The more powerful processor, new effects engine and improved rhythm sounds make the RC-5 the highest quality sounding Looper we have ever made, bringing Boss Loop Stations to the future. There is no other Looper on the market that is able to have this amount of power and run off x1 9V battery. For users that need more tracks and more buttons to have better control of your loops, check out the RC-500. The Boss RC-5 comes a 5-year warranty when registered with Roland Backstage.”
Overview By GAK
The Boss RC-5 is a Single Compact Looper, meaning that you have all the power of a Loop Station, presented in the iconic Boss single pedal format. A Looper is able to build/stack/layer performances in real-time, allowing to perform as if you were a 1-man-band.
There is a total of 13 hours recording time, meaning you can store 13 hours worth of audio across the 99 Memory locations. This includes loops that you have created, audio files that you want to import to the pedal and play along to.
All the onboard buttons can be reassigned to whatever you desire, making your performances as slick as possible and personalised to the user. The settings of the RC-5 are clearly visible on the LED Backlit display, which features different colours to show which mode you are currently on (Red - Record, Amber - Dub, Green - Play) which is perfect for dark stages.
The most important part of any instrument, product or recording is the quality of the sound. This may seem obvious, though it’s something that can sometimes be forgotten. The Boss RC-5 Looper Pedal is powered by a 32-Bit Processor, making the audio quality crystal clear and pristine. It’s double the resolution of the previous models, taking the Boss Loop Station to Ultra HDR levels. The recording will be far cleaner, luscious, richer, warmer and the unit runs much more efficiently, so no matter how many layers you add, the RC-5 will not clip/lose quality. To add to the audio quality further, the RC-5 has optimised effects, including LOOP FX (only for loop tracks) Beat Repeat, Beat Shift, Beat Scatter, Vinyl Flick and Reverb (only for rhythm part).
The RC-5 Loop Pedal also includes 50 Rhythm Tracks, meaning that you can choose between the 7 high-quality preset drum kits/percussion sounds, without losing one of your audio tracks to accommodate for it. The BPM of the Rhythm Track is automatically determined by the loop you have already recorded, making your performances less robotic and more human. This is a technology unique to Boss Loop Stations.
The Boss RC-5 Loop Station Pedal seamlessly integrates into your live, home or studio setup due to the wide array of inputs/outputs. The RC-5 is “True-Stereo” In/Out, ensuring your sound is expansive as possible. You can plug into the RC-5 with nearly any instrument you like via traditional pair of jack inputs. The RC-5 also has MIDI In/Out, enabling you to sync with external hardware, effects pedals or DAW. You could sync the tempo of your MIDI Enabled modulation/time-based effects, like the Boss 500 or 200 Series.
There is no other Looper on the market that is able to have this amount of power, yet run off x1 9V battery.
For users that need more tracks and more buttons to have better control of your loops, check out the RC-500.
Overview By Boss
Step up to the Boss RC-5 and prime your pedalboard with maximum looping range. Capture sound with premium 32-bit quality, navigate parameters and monitor loop status with the backlit LCD and tap into expanded operation via the control jack and TRS MIDI I/O. And with over 50 rhythms, 13 hours of stereo recording, 99 phrase memories, and more, the compact RC-5 puts a deep well of musical power at your feet.
Super Sound Quality
Featuring best-in-class 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing, the RC-5 captures your personal sound with full fidelity and keeps loops crystal clear, even with multiple overdubs. And with 13 hours of stereo recording time, there’s plenty of space for extended creative journeys.
Window to Your World
The RC-5 features the most advanced interface available in any compact looper pedal. The LCD lets you keep an eye on loop status as you perform, with a backlight that changes colour to indicate recording, overdub, and playback states. And coupled with the multi-function parameter knob, it’s quick and easy to navigate rhythms, kits, system settings, and more in the heat of the moment.
The RC-5’s versatile pedal switch controls all looping functions—record, overdub, play, stop, and undo/redo. But deeper control is also supported if you need it. Connect up to two external footswitches for direct control of many assignable functions, or an expression pedal for continuous adjustments. Players with advanced systems will love the TRS MIDI I/O, which saves space and enables remote operation from MIDI switchers and foot controllers, plus MIDI sync with drum machines and DAWs.
Move and Groove, Forward and Back
With 57 preset rhythms and seven different drum kits, the RC-5 is ready to elevate loop and practice sessions with inspiring grooves for any style. For each rhythm, A/B variations can be selected from the panel or controlled via MIDI while performing. The RC-5’s looper engine also includes a cool reverse function that’s great for infusing your music with fresh sonic colours.
Capture, Practice and Perform
The RC-5 provides 99 phrase memories, letting you store loops as fast as you create them. In addition to audio, a phrase memory includes the selected rhythm and kit, so it’s ready to go when you call it up. Loop audio can be backed up to a computer via USB. And with WAV import via BOSS Tone Studio, the RC-5 becomes a pedalboard playback hub for lesson material, jam tracks, or backing music for your next gig.
- Advanced BOSS looping features in a compact footprint
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing
- Stereo looper engine with 13 hours of recording time
- LCD with multi-color backlight for viewing loop status and editing parameters
- Reverse function for infusing loops with interesting textures
- Seven different drum kits and 57 preset rhythms with A/B variations
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI I/O provided with space-saving mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately)
- Onboard storage for 99 phrase memories
- Back up and load WAV loops via USB
- Sampling Frequency - 44.1 kHz
- AD/DA Conversion - 32 bits
- Processing - 32-bit floating point
- - Number of Track: 1
- - Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 32-bit float, stereo)
- - Maximum Recording Time: Approx. 1.5 hours (1 track), Approx.13 hours (total of All memories)
- Rhythm Type - 57 Patterns x 2 Variations
- Rhythm Kit - 7 types
- Effect - Reverb (only for rhythm part)
- Memory - 99
- Nominal Input Level- INPUT A/MONO, B: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance - INPUT A/MONO, B: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level - OUTPUT A/MONO, B:-20 dBu
- Output Impedance - OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance - OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass - Buffered bypass
- Controls - MEMORY/LOOP LEVEL knob, MEMORY button, SETUP button, RHYTHM ON/OFF button, RHYTHM TEMPO button, Pedal switch
- Display - Graphic LCD (96 x 32 dots, RGB backlit LCD)
- - INPUT A/MONO, B jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- - OUTPUT A/MONO, B jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- - STOP/MEMORY jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- - USB port: USB B type
- - MIDI (IN, OUT) jacks: stereo miniature type
- - DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- - Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61 or 6LF22)
- - AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw - 170 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use - Alkaline: Approx. 2 hours
- *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- - Owner's manual
- - Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- - Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61 or 6LF22)
- Options (sold separately)
- - AC adaptor: PSA-S series
- - Footswitch: FS-5U
- - Dual Footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
- - Expression Pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
- - TRS/MIDI connecting cable: BMIDI-5-35
- Size and Weight
- - 73 mm
- - 2-7/8 inches
- - 129 mm
- - 5-1/8 inches
- - 56 mm
- - 2-1/4 inches
- Weight (including battery)
- - 450 g
- - 1 lb
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.