Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Walnut
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Walnut Overview by GAK
1972 was a magical year for the Telecaster guitar, which was then available in several new designs and with more options than ever before.
The '72 Telecaster Deluxe features many of those options, including an alder body, a C-shaped maple neck, bullet truss rod, '70s vintage hardtail strings-through Strat bridge, three-bolt neckplate, '70s Strat headstock, two Wide Range humbucking pickups, traditional three-way switching and four skirted amp knobs.
Featuring a Maple neck with "C" profile, "bullet" truss rod, three-bolt neck plate, Micro-Tilt™ and "large" Stratocaster headstock, 12"-radius maple fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets, Dual Fender Wide Range humbucking pickups, Three-way toggle pickup switch on upper shoulder, Four skirted amp control knobs (volume and tone for each pickup), Vintage-style string-through-body Stratocaster hard-tail bridge.
The Modern Wide Range humbucking pickups on this guitar expertly evoke the look of the famous Fender pickup design of the early 1970s, as used on original-era Telecaster Thinline, Telecaster Custom and Telecaster Deluxe models.
For 1970s-era authenticity, this guitar features the "large" Stratocaster headstock adopted in 1965 and the "bullet" truss rod system introduced in 1971, when the body-end truss rod adjustment mechanism was changed to a bullet-shaped nut at the base of the headstock.
This specialized ’72 Telecaster model features the nicely authentic touch of sealed tuners stamped with the stylized capital "F" from the classic Fender script logo.
- Body: Alder
- Neck: 1-Piece Maple, "C" Shape, (Gloss Urethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 12" Radius (305 mm)
- No. of Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo
- Pickups: 2 Fender® "Wide Range" Humbucking Pickups, (Neck/Bridge)
- -Volume 1. (Neck Pickup),
- -Tone 1. (Neck Pickup),
- -Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup),
- -Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle, positions-
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- -Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Vintage Style Strat Strings-Through-Body Hardtail Bridge
- Machine Heads: Fender® Vintage "F" Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard : 3-Ply Black
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Unique Features: '70s Large Stratocaster® Headstock, 3-Bolt Neck Plate with Micro-Tilt™ Adjustment, "Bullet" Truss Rod Nut, Chrome Pickup Covers, Black Dot Position Inlays, Synthetic Bone Nut
- Strings: Fender Super 250L, Nickel Plated Steel,
- Gauges: (.009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042),
- Accessories: Deluxe Gig Bag included