Fender American Elite Jazz Bass Ash Natural, Maple
Fender American Elite Jazz Bass Product Overview by GAK
The American Elite Jazz from Fender is a vintage style bass combined with all the cutting edge technology in Fender's arsenal.
Sporting a compound neck profile designed for optimum comfort, a modern C shape at the nut which morphs into a D shaped profile at the neck heel, the bass is the ultimate in playability.
Pickup wise there is a pair of 4th generation Fender Noiseless pickups (which are exclusive to the American Elite Series,) which can go from clear, crisp cleans to powerful overdrive tones with ease.
Also on the guitar you will find a new 18v preamp now with more headroom and greatly reduced noise.
The Elite Jazz is unrivalled in tone and style whilst still remaining authentically Fender.
Fender Product Overview
Packed to the gills with our latest revolutionary innovations, the American Elite Jazz Bass is an active bass for the modern bassist who demands cutting-edge tone technology along with timeless style and fast, smooth playing feel. Its versatile sound easily matches any playing style—picked, plucked or slap-and-pop—while its standout looks remain authentically Fender, with a fresh twist.
- Model Name: American Elite Jazz Bass V, Maple Fingerboard, Black
- Model Number: 0197102706
- Series: American Elite
- Color: Black
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Compound Back Shape, Modern "C" to "D"
- Neck Binding: Black or White
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"-14" Compound Radius (241 mm-355.6 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.875" (47.6 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mounted Spoke Wheel Adjustment
- Neck Plate: 5-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Blocks
- Bridge Pickup: New 4th Generation Noiseless
- Neck Pickup: New 4th Generation Noiseless
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Pickup Switching: 2-Way Mini Toggle Switch for Active/Passive Mode. In Passive Mode, Only The Volume, Pan and Passive Tone Controls Function. In Active Mode, All Controls Function.
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: 18V Preamp with Active 3-Band EQ
- Bridge: 5-Saddle HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Tuning Machines: Fender "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Strings: Fender USA NPS, (Gauges .45 - .125)