Fender Jim Root Stratocaster Black
Fender Jim Root Stratocaster Black Overview by GAK
For heavy, molten nu-metal Strat® style, the Jim Root Stratocaster delivers crushing detuned tone with a stark utilitarian look. The towering Slipknot guitarist joined us in creating a huge-sounding signature Strat model that complements his heavy playing style, and it's a monster—right down to its compound-radius fingerboard (12" to 16"), EMG® active humbucking pickups, sparse control layout and more. Brutal.
Featuring a Mahogany body with sharp radius, Modern “C”-shaped neck profile and large headstock, Ebony or maple compound-radius fingerboard (12” to 16”) with 22 jumbo frets and no position inlays (side-dot inlays only), EMG® 60 (neck) and 81 (bridge) active humbucking pickup, Single control knob (volume) and three-way pickup switch, and Hardtail strings-thru-body bridge.
This instrument features a compound-radius fingerboard, a sophisticated and carefully crafted feature in which the fingerboard has a more pronounced curvature across its width near the nut (ideal for chording) and gradually flattens to a very slight curvature toward the upper frets (perfect for bending notes and soloing).
A convenient high-end, high-performance feature, locking tuners offer increased tuning stability, especially on tremolo-equipped guitars, and they make changing strings substantially faster and easier than conventional tuners.
The Jim Root Stratocaster in Flat White features a traditional maple fingerboard with no inlays. The Flat Black model has a darkly alluring ebony fingerboard with no inlays.
The finish on this instrument combines the resonance and thin breathability of lacquer with the stylishly muted matte look of a satin color coat.
The largest of the fret sizes, jumbo frets are tall and wide, which lets you get a better grip on the strings, enabling more control over them and making bends and vibrato easier. A good choice for players with larger hands and thicker fingers.
- Body: Mahogany, Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
- Neck: Maple, Modern 'C' Shape
- Fingerboard: Maple (Flat White), Ebony (Flat Black), 12-16" Compound Radius
- No. of Frets: 22 Jumbo
- Pickups: 1 EMG 60 (Neck); 1 EMG 81 (Bridge)
- Controls: Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup,
- Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickup,
- Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Black 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Hardtail Bridge
- Hardware: Black
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White On: Flat Black, 3-Ply Black On: Flat White
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm) Width at Nut: 1.650" (42 mm) Unique Features:
- Mahogany Body,
- Sharp Tele® Body Radius,
- Large Headstock,
- Active EMG Pickups,
- Ebony or Maple Fingerboard with 12 to 16 Compound Radius,
- Side Dot Position Inlays Only,
- Black Hardware,
- Black Plastic Parts,
- Black Pickguard Screws,
- Flat Finshes,
- Fender®/Schaller® Straplock Strap Buttons
- Strings: Fender Super 250R, Nickel Plated Steel,
- Gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046),
- Accessories: Black Tweed Case with Red Plush Interior
Tried many other guitars for the same price range and this Jim Root strat beats them all hands down