Fender Jimi Hendrix Monterey Stratocaster
Fender Jimi Hendrix Monterey Stratocaster Overview by GAK
An homage to Hendrix’s spectacular Strat—right down to the hand-painted nail-polish artwork that burned its way into our memories—and as a special touch fender added an exclusive etched Hendrix neck plate. Carrying on the same free-spirited, psychedelic vibe of the original, and indeed Hendrix himself, the Jimi Hendrix Monterey Stratocaster is sure to set your music ablaze.
In Rolling Stone, David Fricke said Jimi Plays Monterey preserves Hendrix's wild playing and playful humor onstage, writing that the show it documents is "still a revelation, an orgasmic explosion of singing feedback, agitated stretches of jazzy improvisation and recombinant R&B guitar". Robert Christgau called it "peace-and-love-and-egomania at its most far out" in The Village Voice, appreciating its digital mastering and historical value, although he lamented some of the performances themselves: "Jimi speeds alarmingly, Mitch Mitchell keeps tripping over his sticks, and 'Like a Rolling Stone' is patently hokey." In a retrospective review for AllMusic, Richie Unterberger gave the album four-and-a-half out of five stars and felt the band was in "fine, lean, fiery form".
It’s been 50 years since Jimi Hendrix took the world by storm with his incredible Monterey Pop Festival performance, which he concluded with the sacrificial burning of his now-iconic hand-painted Stratocaster. Destroyed during the fiery culmination of his set, this one-of-a-kind guitar survived only in photos and film. To celebrate the 50th anniversary of this milestone in music history, Fender have created the limited-edition Jimi Hendrix Monterey Stratocaster. Now everyone can enjoy a replica of the sacrificial Strat Jimi burned at Monterey.
A trio of single-coil Stratocaster pickups give this Strat® its classic Fender sound—bell-like and articulate, it has plenty of singing sustain for soloing. The “C”-shaped maple neck bears a vintage-style 7.25”-radius maple fingerboard with 21 vintage-sized frets for a playing feel just like the original. The six-screw synchronized tremolo is perfect for unleashing dive-bombs and other sonic expression. Other period-correct touches include the vintage-style tuning machines, strap buttons, trem arm and dual-wing string trees.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, C Shape
- Neck Finish: gloss Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 7.25 184.1 mm
- Frets: 21, intage
- Position Inlays: Aged White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650 42 mm
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Scale Length: 25.5 648 mm
- Bridge: 6-Saddle intage-Style Synchroni ed Tremolo
- Pickguard: Printed Monterey Artwork
- Pickups: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat Bridge Middle Neck, 5-Position Blade Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Pickup Switching: Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master olume, Tone 1. Neck Pickup , Tone 2. Middle Pickup
- Control Knobs: white Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel Chrome
- Strings: Fender® 9-42
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gibag