Fender Road Worn '60s Jazzmaster (3 Tone Sunburst)
Fender Road Worn '60s Jazzmaster (3 Tone Sunburst) Overview by GAK
Those who prize older instruments with the battered look of years on the road and the scars of countless gigs can still have that authentically aged vibe without spending decades on the road themselves. The irresistibly cool look of finish worn through to the wood, lightly rusted hardware, a bruised neck and yellowing plastic parts are yours right away with Road Worn instruments. The Road Worn '60s Jazzmaster sounds, looks and feels like it's been there and back, has more than a few miles on it, and then some.
Featuring a 1960s style with aged/worn body, neck, finish and hardware touches, Maple neck with “C” profile, 7.25”-radius fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets, Dual single-coil American Vintage ’65 Jazzmaster pickups, Classic Jazzmaster “lead”/“rhythm” dual-circuit design, Vintage-style bridge with “floating” tremolo tailpiece, Worn nitrocellulose-lacquer finish
This is the smallest fret size, neither as tall nor as wide as medium jumbo frets. This is how we used to make them back in the 1950s, ’60s and ’70s, and is the comfortable way to go for those who grew up with it or simply just prefer the feel of smaller frets.
7.25" FINGERBOARD RADIUS
The fingerboard radius is an important spec that describes the amount of curvature across the width of the fingerboard. This instrument has a 7.25" fingerboard radius, with a more pronounced "vintage-style" curvature typical of Fender guitars from the 1950s, ’60 and ’70s. It’s the way to go for those who grew up with vintage instruments or simply prefer the feel of greater fingerboard curvature.
NEW AMERICAN VINTAGE PICKUPS
This instrument features specially voiced American Vintage pickups meticulously researched and crafted to reproduce the authentic design, voice and performance of the great Fender guitars of the 1960s.
ROAD WORN® LACQUER FINISH
This instrument includes a vintage-authentic nitrocellulose-lacquer finish that lets the body wood breathe with more natural resonance. Its Road Worn finish and hardware treatment imparts a cool aged look and feel, conveying the impression that this instrument has more than just a few miles on it.
"C" NECK PROFILE
The neck of this instrument has a comfortable "C" profile (the shape of the neck in cross section), sculpted to impart a vintage-style playing feel from Fender’s first golden age in the 1950s and ’60s. The most prevalent neck profile shape, it’s remarkably comfortable and is ideal for all playing styles.
VINTAGE-STYLE BRIDGE WITH FLOATING TREMOLO
An addition to its other authentic 1960s-era design elements, this guitar features a fully adjustable vintage-style bridge with six saddles and "floating" tremolo tailpiece.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Road Worn® Urethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Neck Pickup: American Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Controls: Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone. Rhythm Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- Position 3. Neck Pickup;
- 2-Position Slide:
- -Up: Rhythm Tone Circuit
- -Down: Lead Tone Circuit
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Adjustable with "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Unique Features:
- -Distressed Body, Neck and Hardware Creating an Aged Appearance
- -Aged White Plastic Parts
- -Vintage Tinted Neck
- -Single "Wing" String Tree
- -Vintage-Style Strap Buttons
- -Vintage-Style Heel Adjust Truss Rod
- -Pop-In Tremolo Arm