Fender Vintera '60s Mustang Bass, Pau Ferro, 3 Tone Sunburst
Fender Vintera '60s Mustang Bass, Pau Ferro, 3 Tone Sunburst Overview.The brand new Vintera series from Fender is here to replace the Classic and Classic Player series with a fresh look at the demands of todays musicians. New body shapes, new colours, new pickups designed by Tim Shaw, more authentic neck profiles and an improved entry point into the vintage-inspired instruments that Fender has to offer, Vintage style for the Modern era!
For players who want the style sound of Fender’s golden era, we created the Vintera ‘60s Mustang Bass. Equipped with the coveted features that defined the decade—including period-accurate neck profile and playing feel, along with re-voiced pickups—this bass has all of the seismic tone that made the Mustang Bass a legend.
For authentic Fender tone we voiced the split-coil ‘60s Mustang Bass pickup to sound like the original. Punchy and growling, it has the tone that made Fender the choice of electric bassists. The “Mid ‘60s Mustang C”-shaped neck has a 7.25”-radius fingerboard with 19 vintage-style frets for classic playing feel. A vintage-style, 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles vintage-style tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics, rock-solid performance and tuning stability. Other features include master volume and tone controls, chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate. Includes a deluxe gig bag.
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape Mustang® Bass
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape Thin "C"
- Scale Length 30" (762 mm)
- Fingerboard Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets 19
- Frets Size Vintage
- String Nut Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays White Dot
- Truss Rods Vintage-Style
- Middle Pickup Vintage-Style '60s Split Single-Coil Mustang Bass®
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching None
- Pickup Configuration Split Single-Coil
- Bridge 4-Saddle Mustang® Bass
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style "Lollipop"
- Pickguard 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Control Knobs Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Strings Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (Gauges .045 - .105)
Fender quality, plays very well straight out of box.
Played my first gig with this bass yesterday. I'm a guitarist so the short scale makes for an easy transition. Sounds and plays great plus it looks really cool.
Class piece of kit. Love it.