Fender Vintera II 70s Mustang Bass, Rosewood Fingerboard, Competition Burgundy Overview
Boasting period-correct tone, feel and looks, the Fender Vintera II 70s Mustang Bass delivers vintage Fender charm in a modern workhorse bass guitar.
Introducing the Fender Vintera II '70s Mustang Bass — a charismatic fusion of vintage character and state-of-the-art craftsmanship. If you’re a player with a penchant for vintage Fender basses who demands modern playability and reliability from their instrument, this short-scale bass guitar is crafted with you in mind. The Fender Vintera II range is built at Fender’s renowned Ensenada factory, ensuring fantastic build quality and top performance.
Built from an alder body coupled with a maple neck, the Vintera II Mustang Bass celebrates Fender’s rich tonal heritage. The balanced tonal quality of alder combined with the snappiness of maple results in a punchy, dynamic and clear core tone that’s irresistibly Fender.
This Mustang Bass features a classic early-'70s “C”-shape neck profile that recalls the models of that era. It provides a more substantial fretting-hand feel than a more modern shape that both vintage bass fans and contemporary players alike will adore. The neck’s shorter scale offers a slinkier feel that’ll appeal to players with smaller hands and guitarists getting into bass.
Adorned with a rosewood fingerboard that has a 7.25" radius and vintage-tall frets, the Vintera II '70s Mustang Bass offers substantial room for expressive play, whether you’re a slap-and-pop virtuoso or a groove-centric traditionalist.
Vintage Voiced Pickups
What sets this Mustang Bass apart is its '70s split-coil pickup, which has been specially designed to capture era-accurate tones —warm, woody and teeming with organic power. Every pluck, slap, or slide reveals the depth of the instrument’s tonal palette, making each note a statement in itself.
From its vintage-style 4-saddle bridge to its fine-gear tuning machines, every aspect of the Vintera II 70s Mustang Bass embodies a balance of nostalgic flair and modern utility. With this 4-string bass, you get an instrument that looks as iconic as it sounds, backed by tuning stability and intonation accuracy that meet the exacting standards of today’s bassist.
Fender present the Vintera II Mustang Bass in two eye-catching finishes, including Competition Orange and Competition Burgundy, both with classic competition stripe.
- Alder Body
- 7.25" Radius Rosewood Fingerboard with Vintage Tall Frets
- Early '70s "C"-Shape Neck
- Vintage-Style '70s Split-Coil Pickup
- Vintage-Style Mustang Bass Bridge
- Vintage-Style Open-Back Tuning Machines
- - Series: Vintera® II
- - Orientation: Right-Hand
- - Colour: Competition Burgundy
- - Country of Origin: MX
- - Neck Material: Maple
- - Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- - Neck Shape: Early '70s "C"
- - Neck Construction: 4-Bolt Standard
- - Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- - Fingerboard Material: Slab Rosewood
- - Position Inlays: White Dot
- - Side Dots: White
- - Number of Frets: 20
- - Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- - Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- - String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- - Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- - Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- - Body: Alder
- - Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- - Body Shape: Mustang® Bass
- - Body Material: Alder
- - Bridge: 4-Saddle Mustang® Bass Strings-Through-Body
- - Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- - Pickup Covers: Black
- - Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- - Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- - Tuning Machines: Fender® '70s Vintage-Style Stamped Open-Gear
- - String Trees: Vintage-Style Disc
- - Strings: Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- - Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with "F" Logo
- - Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- - Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style '70s Split Single-Coil Mustang Bass®
- - Pickup Configuration: Split Single-Coil
- - Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- - Switching: None
- - Dimensions: 4.60x15.20x49.50 IN
- - Shipping Weight: 12.75 LB
- - Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- - Scale Length: 30" (762 mm)
- - Shipping Length: 49.50 IN
- - Shipping Height: 4.60 IN
- - Shipping Width: 15.20 IN
Fender Deluxe Instrument Cable, Angled/Straight, 5.7m/18.6ft, Tweed
Fender Strap Blocks Red & Black, 4 Pack
Fender Infinity Strap Locks Chrome
Fender Elite Strap Locks, Chrome
Fender Broken-In Leather Strap 2.5" Black
Fender FB405 Series Gig Bag Electric Bass, Black
Fender FB610 Series Gig Bag Electric Bass