Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X Thunderbolt Audio Interface
Focusrite Product Overview
The Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre X is an Audio Interface packed full of the latest Thunderbolt technology and offers very impressive speed and high-audio quality with an incredibly low-latency of less than 1ms! Another great feature of the Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre X is the Clarett microphone preamps, these replicate the impedance and transformer resonance of the classic ISAs. Portable, Lightweight and professional, the Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre X provides exceptional clarity when recording and would be a great addition to anyones studio setup. The flagship 26 In / 28 Out interface has been designed with the permanent racked studio install in mind, featuring extended ADAT i/o, and separate rear panel inputs for mic and line, as well as dedicated phantom power, phase reverse and high pass filters on every channel.
The new bx_console Focusrite VST/AU/AAX plug-in for Mac and PC faithfully captures the sound, feel and styling of Focusrite’s original iconic hardware – and it’s included for free with every Clarett and Red audio interface.
- Designed primarily for permanent studio installation, Focusrite's Clarett 8PreX Thunderbolt audio interface offers an impressive 26 inputs and 28 outputs, including eight analogue inputs, 10 analogue outputs, stereo S/PDIF I/O and 16 channels of ADAT I/O for the connection of addition inputs and outputs such as a multichannel mic pre or an external D/A for additional line outputs. The 2U rack-mount unit combines eight newly-designed Clarett mic preamps with class-leading dynamic range conversion and extraordinarily low round-trip latency - so low that plugins can be used while monitoring recordings through the DAW.
- The new Clarett mic pre offers superbly low noise and distortion, plus the unique, switchable 'Air' effect that models the sound of Focusrite's renowned ISA transformer-based preamps. It also features gain controls with a special law that makes changes smoother and more precise.
- The Clarett 8PreX, like the rest of the Clarett range, includes class-leading precision Focusrite digital audio conversion with up to 118dB (A/D) / 119dB (D/A) real-world dynamic range, and combines it with the lowest round-trip latency available - making it possible to monitor recordings via effects plugins on the DAW such as reverberation, for the best possible recording environment.
- A central metering and monitoring panel provides ten 6-segment LED meters covering analogue and digital inputs and monitor levels, with a large-diameter monitor level control knob plus mute and dim buttons. There are two independently-controlled headphone outputs on the front panel, with enough level to drive even high impedance headphones to provide suitable monitoring levels.
- A new software mixer, Focusrite Control, is included for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control also allows immediate access to internal hardware functions. Every Clarett also includes the Red 2 & Red 3 AAX, AU & VST Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrite's classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
- Word Clock I/O is provided, allowing the Clarett 8PreX to either provide the master clock for the system or to be clocked from an external master digital device.
- There's never been a better, faster or easier way of getting audio into or out of a DAW.
- The heart of the studio - Specially designed for studio installation, Clarett 8PreX includes separate rear panel inputs for mic, line and instrument, as well as ADAT I/O to add 16 more channels, dedicated phantom power, phase reverse and high pass filters on every channel.
- Eight New Clarett Mic Pres with extra 'Air' - The mic pres have been designed especially for the Clarett range, with plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion. In addition, they feature a special "Air" feature that switches in an analogue model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre. Instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle the loudest pickup.
- Use DAW plugins in real time - With leading-edge round-trip audio latency over Thunderbolt, you can record and monitor with the plug-ins in your DAW, in real time.
- Precision digital conversion - Clarett features Focusrite's class-leading conversion quality: with up to 119dB dynamic range, Clarett offers the cleanest way yet to get music in and out of your DAW.
- Exceptional I/O capability - 26 audio inputs and 28 outputs within a 2U rack space, including 8 analogue inputs, 10 analogue outputs, stereo S/PDIF I/O and 16 channels of ADAT I/O. Connect up to 16 more mic preamps over ADAT for a 24 channel microphone setup.
- Accessible metering and monitoring - Central panel provides analogue and digital input levels, and main monitor outputs, via a 6-segment, multichannel LED meter. Accessible monitor features include a large-diameter level control, plus dim and mute buttons.
- Dual high-power headphone outputs - Two wide dynamic range headphone outputs powerful enough to deliver plenty of level even on high impedance headphones - perfect for tracking and mixing.
- Software Mixer for maximum control - Focusrite Control is a brand new software mixer designed for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers a traditional mixer workflow and allows immediate access to internal hardware functions.
- Digital sync on-board - Includes Word Clock I/O, enabling it to act as master for clocking multiple digital devices, or sync to word clock from an external digital device.
- Classic processor plugins included - Every Clarett includes the Red 2 & Red 3 AAX, AU & VST Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrite's classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
- XLN Audio – Addictive Keys: one of four inspiring and interesting keyboard instruments
- Focusrite – Red Plug-in Suite: accurately models Focusrite's classic Red 2 equaliser and Red 3 compressor
- Softube – Time and Tone Bundle: four of Softube's world-class reverb, delay, mastering and distortion plug-ins
- Focusrite – Plug-in Collective: exclusive offers, tutorial content and more, from some of the most innovative and prestigious plug-in companies
- Loopmasters: 2GB of royalty-free sample libraries
- Focusrite Control
- Supported Sample Rates, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz
- Microphone Inputs, Frequency Response 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/-0.1 dB Dynamic Range 118 dB (A-weighted) THD+N 0.001% Noise EIN –128 dBu (A-Weighted) Maximum input level +18 dBu Gain Range 57dB
- Line Inputs, Frequency Response 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/-0.1 dB Dynamic Range 116 dB (A-weighted) THD+N 0.005% Maximum input level +26dBu Gain Range 57dB
- Instrument Inputs, Frequency Response 20 Hz – 20 kHz ± 0.1 dB Dynamic Range 111 dB (A-weighted) THD+N 0.001% Maximum input level +14dBu Gain Range 57dB
- Line & Monitor Outputs, Dynamic Range (Line Outputs) 119dB Dynamic Range (Monitor Outputs) 117dB Maximum Output Level (0 dBFS) +18 dBu THD+N 0.0007%
- Headphone Outputs, Dynamic Range 112dB THD+N 0.0008% Maximum Output Level +16dBu
- Clarett 8PreX
- Power Cable
- Getting Started Guide
No upgrades available