Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) Product Overview by GAK
One of the most popular USB audio interfaces on the market, the Scarlett 2i2 from Focusrite is the perfect interface for home recording setups
Onboard you will find two Scarlett mic preamps featuring extremely low latency and the same sound quality and digital conversion as that found in the more expensive models in the Scarlett range.
The interface allows for two microphones or instruments to be plugged in and the USB connectivity makes recording on a PC or Mac an absolute doddle.
With the interface you will get an exclusive version of Pro Tools in the box as well as Focusrite's Creative pack and a copy of Ableton Live lite.
Focusrite Product Overview
The Scarlett 2i2 is the best selling USB audio interface in the world, and for good reason. It focuses on just three things; achieving the best sound, the fastest speed and the easiest experience. Our latest generation continues to improve in all three areas. It is compact yet versatile, with two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps, super-low latency* and the same class-leading sound quality and digital conversion as the rest of the latest Scarlett range. Take it anywhere, connect by a single USB cable, plug two mics or instruments straight in, and easily record studio quality audio. Focusrite is the perfect partner for Pro Tools. To celebrate this Scarlett 2i2 now comes with an exclusive version of Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack, as well as Ableton Live Lite. It is compatible with all major DAWs, on Mac and PC.
- Compact and portable enough to take anywhere, you won't even need a power supply; Scarlett 2i2 is connected and powered by a single USB cable. It also comes with the software and effects you need to start recording; an exclusive version of Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack (featuring 12 additional plug-ins including the Eleven Lite for real life guitar amp emulations), Ableton Live Lite, the Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite's Red Plug-In Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples and more.
- Two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain
- Two newly-designed instrument inputs, designed for seriously hot hottest pick-ups
- Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit
- One headphones output with gain control
- Super-low latency* for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP
- Connect professional studio monitors using two 1/4 inch balanced jack outputs
- Compact and tough enough to take anywhere
- Powered by USB so you don’t need to carry a power cable
- Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite
- All the additional software and loops you need to start recording
- Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) USB audio interface
- USB Cable
- Bundle code for your free software
- The second generation Scarlett range is packed full of upgrades. New super-low latency* will bring confidence to your performance, letting you record and monitor with software effects in real time. New metal gain controls and a sleeker red metal chassis underscore its improved industrial design, built to go anywhere. The Scarlett range also now operates at sample rates all the way up to 192kHz, and the input channels have evolved too. The latest Scarlett mic preamp features a more even gain structure, so you can accurately set your levels, and the instrument input has also been completely redesigned so it can handle seriously hot guitar pick-ups. Finally, Focusrite have provided analogue protection circuitry across both the inputs and the outputs, to guard your interface against unwanted power surges.
- With Scarlett 2i2 your recordings will sound just how you want them. Two combination inputs with natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps, line level inputs and newly-designed instrument inputs let you record anything you want. Even seriously hot guitar pick-ups. Two 1/4 inch balanced jack outputs let you connect to professional studio monitors, turn up the volume and totally immerse yourself in sound.