Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio interface, 2nd Gen
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) overview from GAK
The Scarlett 2i2 from Focusrite is one of the best selling audio interfaces we stock here at GAK and is, in fact, one of the best selling audio interfaces in the world...and for good reason.
The 2i2 is a robust, compact and highly versatile audio interface offering 2-in, 2-out connectivity and a USB bus-powered system that is incredibly easy to setup and use. Boasting immediate plug, play and record capabilities.
The Scarlett 2i2 gives you the power to capture studio-quality recordings, connect microphones, guitar, bass, line level equipment and more using the 2i2's two recently re-designed instrument inputs, both of which pack superb sounding Scarlett preamps and 48V phantom power to accommodate a range of condenser mics and other power hungry devices.
When recording vocals, guitar, piano or any other line-level instrument for that matter, it's important to have an audio interface that offers the lowest latency possible. Scarlett's 2nd generation interfaces are said to offer the lowest latency of any audio interface on the market.
The 2i2 is the perfect audio interface to record guitar, with 2 instruments inputs that sport specially designed unbalanced paths that maximise headroom, increased supply voltages and high impedance input buffers that specifically preserves guitar top end. The result is two instrument inputs that offer an additional 8dB of headroom and a superbly natural sound that captures your guitar and any instrument for that matter perfectly.
The converters found inside the Scarlett 2i2 operate up to 192 kHz sampling at 24-bit allowing you use the full range of sample rates from standard to high-resolution audio. Additionally, the headphone output on the 2i2 is exceptionally powerful, ensuring you get a full, loud and clean signal to high-quality headphones with plenty of available
The Scarlett 2i2's dual line inputs with 48V phantom power work perfectly with any microphone you may work with, from power-hungry condensers to large diaphragm dynamic's and other instruments mics, the 2i2 ensures your recordings are clean and have plenty of warmth and natural tone. Two line inputs make the Scarlett 2i2 an ideal interface for recording high-quality interviews with a guest, plug in 2 microphones and monitor levels with the high powered headphone output and thanks to the compact portability of the unit, you can capture broadcast grade interviews anywhere.
The Scarlett 2i2's design focuses on pairing strength with portability, the 2i2 is compact and lightweight, out of the box it's incredibly surprising just how light it feels. However, unlike other light bits of kit, the 2i2 feels FAR from flimsy, the red anodised aluminium chassis is built for maximum durability, furthermore, every knob, button and switch on the 2i2 feels solid, with a superbly smooth action and response. The rear panel of the 2i2 also features 2 monitor outputs for connecting to studio monitors via RCA Phono.
The Scarlett 2i2 also comes complete with a HUGE software bundle that contains everything you need to get
The Scarlett 2i2 places the power of studio-grade recording in your hands via a strong and portable device that fits right into your backpack. Every element of the 2i2 has been carefully designed and constructed and the result is a recording solution you can always rely on either at home, in the studio or on the go.
- Compact and portable enough to take anywhere, you won't even need a power supply; Scarlett 2i2 is connected and powered by a single USB cable. It also comes with the software and effects you need to start recording; an exclusive version of Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack (featuring 12 additional plug-ins including the Eleven Lite for real life guitar amp emulations), Ableton Live Lite, the Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite's Red Plug-In Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples and more.
- Two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain
- Two newly-designed instrument inputs, designed for seriously hot hottest pick-ups
- Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit
- One headphones output with gain control
- Super-low latency* for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP
- Connect professional studio monitors using two 1/4 inch balanced jack outputs
- Compact and tough enough to take anywhere
- Powered by USB so you don’t need to carry a power cable
- Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite
- All the additional software and loops you need to start recording
- Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) USB audio interface
- USB Cable
- Bundle code for your free software
- The second generation Scarlett range is packed full of upgrades. New super-low latency* will bring confidence to your performance, letting you record and monitor with software effects in real time. New metal gain controls and a sleeker red metal chassis underscore its improved industrial design, built to go anywhere. The Scarlett range also now operates at sample rates all the way up to 192kHz, and the input channels have evolved too. The latest Scarlett mic preamp features a more even gain structure, so you can accurately set your levels, and the instrument input has also been completely redesigned so it can handle seriously hot guitar pick-ups. Finally, Focusrite have provided analogue protection circuitry across both the inputs and the outputs, to guard your interface against unwanted power surges.
- With Scarlett 2i2 your recordings will sound just how you want them. Two combination inputs with natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps, line level inputs and newly-designed instrument inputs let you record anything you want. Even seriously hot guitar pick-ups. Two 1/4 inch balanced jack outputs let you connect to professional studio monitors, turn up the volume and totally immerse yourself in sound.