Strymon Compadre Dual Voice Compressor Boost Pedal
Introducing the Strymon Compadre: start your signal chain with the best possible version of your guitar tone. Treat your guitar signal to true studio quality analog compression with two distinct voices for smooth transparency or vintage squeeze. Hit the Boost switch to add clean boost or soft-clipped dirty boost, with the EQ curve of your choice. Mix in some dry signal for natural attack even with extreme compression settings. Feel the perfectly tailored dynamic response, feeding your amp and effects just what they need to sound their best.
Your Everything Upgrade: From pickups, tubes, capacitors, to speaker cabinets—the aspects of a rig that can be upgraded or changed are nearly endless. Plug in Compadre and you may find you already have everything you need for the tone you’ve been seeking.
Bring out your amp’s character in ways you never thought possible. Compadre’s Class A JFET input circuit, studio quality analog compression, and musically voiced analog boost circuits all work together to make your amp sound like it was just modified by a world-class boutique amp designer.
Super Flexible, Super Easy:Compadre gives you everything you need to shape your front end tone, and nothing to slow you down. Auto makeup gain and auto threshold mean that all you have to do is turn up the Compression knob to dial in the desired amount. Compadre’s wide variety of tone shaping features are all designed to easily sound great across a wide variety of settings.
Two Distinct Analog Compression Circuits: choose between two compression circuits, each with its own unique character. Studio mode gives you the smooth, beautifully transparent compression typically found in the best vintage studio rack units. For a harder compression effect typical of classic guitar pedals, Compadre’s Squeeze mode is designed to deliver heavy compression with maximum sustain.
Boost the Sweet Spot, Clean or Dirty: Compadre gives you two distinct analog boost circuits: a clean boost, and a dirty boost that introduces soft clipping, characteristic of an overdrive pedal. The selectable boost EQ ensures the perfect compliment to any guitar and amp combination. Add sparkle and shine with a treble boost, fatten your tone with the midrange boost, or level up the full frequency range with flat mode.
- Premium analog VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier) compressor circuits
- Two voicing options: smooth studio compression and hard pedal style compression
- Independently controlled clean or dirty boost circuit with 3 EQ options
- Dirty boost option provides overdrive when boost is engaged
- DRY Knob lets you blend the dry signal with the compressed signal to preserve attack transients
- High impedance ultra low-noise discrete Class A JFET preamp input
- Low impedance mono output
- Output VCA allows Compadre to function as a volume pedal when a standard TRS expression pedal plugged into the dedicated Volume jack
- Compatible with MiniSwitch for remote selection of a Favorite preset
- Compatible with MultiSwitch Plus for remote selection of 3 presets
- Full featured MIDI control. Access to 300 presets and remote parameter control via quarter-inch TRS. (requires Strymon MIDI EXP Cable or MIDI > TRS interface)
- Selectable True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching) or ultra low-noise Buffered Bypass
- Strong and lightweight anodized dark red aluminum chassis
- 9V DC power supply included. Power requirements: maximum 9 volts DC center-negative, with a minimum of 150mA of current
- Compressor Signal/Noise: 109 dB typical
- Dimensions: 4.5” deep x 4” wide x 1.75” tall (11.4 cm deep x 10.2 cm wide x 4.4 cm tall)
- Designed and built in the USA
This it's a very high quality, low noise, compressor and boost pedal. The compressor is subtle but I really miss it if I switch it off. It offers both studio and stomp-box style compression which, along with a solid boost function, makes it invaluable to me. I've dropped a star because there are no compression ratio, attack, or release controls on the compressor although this may not be entirely fair as is seems to be set up perfectly as is. It's expensive, but was well worth the money.
Fantastic midi flexibility and great compressor