Boss CS-3 Compressor Sustainer Pedal
Boss CS-3 Product Overview by GAK
The CS-3 is a compression sustainer from Boss' that sustains your guitar volume to provide total clarity and control of your sound.
You can choose from a range of effects from gentle compression to completely squashing your sounds to the max.
The CS-3 works best when paired with chorus and delay pedals in your setup.
Boss Product Overview
With the BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer you can compress high-input signals and boost low-input signals. By compressing and boosting the signal the CS-3 gives you consistent sustain for total clarity and control of your sound.
As a sustainer it works perfectly for gentle, nuanced playing that you want to remain tasteful but cut through the mix. If you're strumming chords then the compression works great for a full-sounding accompaniment.
The BOSS CS-3 pairs well with chorus and delay pedals, this pedal can add to and actually improve your existing setup.
*Boss PSA series power adaptor sold separately. You can purchase by clicking here.
- Compact compression/sustainer pedal with high-quality circuitry
- Compresses loud signals and boosts softer signals for a smooth overall sound
- Onboard Level, Tone, Attack and Sustain controls for precise tonal shaping
- Low-noise design for super-quiet operation
- BOSS five-year warranty
- Nominal Input Level:
- - -20 dBu
- Input Impedance:
- - 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level:
- - -20 dBu
- Output Impedance:
- - 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance:
- - 10 k ohms or greater
- - Buffered bypass
- - SUSTAIN knob
- - ATTACK knob
- - TONE knob
- - LEVEL knob
- - Pedal switch
- - CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- - INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- - OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- - DC IN jack
- Power Supply:
- - Carbon-zinc battery (9V, 6F22)
- - Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61)
- - AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw:
- - 11 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use:
- - Carbon: Approx. 14.5 hours
- - Alkaline: Approx. 34.5 hours
- *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- - Owner's manual
- - Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- - Dry battery/9 V type (6F22)
- Options (sold separately):
- - AC adaptor: PSA series
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - Width 73mm, 2-7/8 inches
- - Depth 129mm, 5-1/8 inches
- - Height 59mm, 2-3/8 inches
- - Weight 390g, 14oz
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- * The specifications are subject to change without notice.