Boss Pocket GT Guitar Effects Processor
Pocket-size guitar processor with integrated features for YouTube learning and everyday playing
Here’s What Roland Say:
“The Pocket GT is a brand new solution for guitar players that use YouTube as a platform to learn, share or promote themselves as a musician. Whether it be for practing, learning new riffs or just for pure enjoyment, now more than ever, players rely more on tutorial videos, online classes or backing tracks when it comes to practicing and playing at home. Typically, when creating a setup to play along to a YouTube Video, you have to buy loads of different equipment and cables, making the whole experience messy and time consuming. With the Pocket GT, you can simply plug in your guitar, connect the smart device/computer app and play along to any YouTube link you like. You can use the Sessions Player function within the free Boss Tone Studio app to set specific markers anywhere on the timeline of the video which will change tone/settings handsfree. This means you can concentrate entirely on the performance or tutorial, and the Pocket GT will ensure you have the right settings at the right time. The Pocket GT is a solution that provides seemless intergation between hardware and software, giving musicians the easiest way to play along their favourite videos, backing tracks and online content. The sound engine within the Pocket GT is the same as our GT-1 Guitar Effect Processor, that includes the Boss amp/speaker emulations and effects that you all know and love. The Pocket GT comes with a 3 year warranty when registering your product with Roland Backstage.”
The Pocket GT is one of the most interesting new products from Boss since the WAZA-AIR. Essentially it is a guitar multi-fx unit, but with seemless intergration to YouTube.
More and more guitar players are turning to YouTube to find tutorial videos to teach themselves guitar, play along to their favourite songs/backing tracks, earn money as a demonstrator or simply promote themselves as a guitar player. The issues that most people face are, hearing themselves/the YouTube audio, and creating a setup that makes it easy to control is surprisingly difficult. This is where the Pocket GT comes in.
When plugging in your guitar to the Pocket GT, you are instantly given access to all the sounds from the infamous GT-1 Guitar Effect Processor. This includes the Boss amp/speaker emulations, modulation effects, drives, distortions, overdrives, fuzzes, delays and reverbs, all of which are fully editable/customisable, as well as their position in your pedal chain. There are also onboard dials for you to manipulate these on the fly, as well as the transport controls for video playback. Yes, it also has the world renowned Boss tuner too.
For more control and the ability to make more detailed edits to the huge amount of inbuilt effects, you can use the free Boss Tone Studio app. You can also set specific markers anywhere on the timeline of the video, by using the Sessions Player function within BTS, which will change tone/settings handsfree. This means you can concentrate on the video lesson, performance and playing, as opposed to distracting yourself in trying to do a million things at once.
The Pocket GT has been specically developed with YouTube, which are the only video files it can play, though it is also compatible with all mp3s that are stored on your Smart Devices/computer, so you can use your all favourite tracks. As long as they’re stored on your device in the right file type, they will work with the Pocket GT.
In summary, the Pocket GT is your YouTube video player, backing track manager, multi-fx pedal, guitar amp and recording interface to your Smart Device/computer, built into one tiny box - it slots straight into your pocket! it comes with a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery and Micro USB Cable to charge it. It’s the perfect way to keep playing guitar/producing content on the move.
The Pocket GT fits perfectly into the Roland CB-BR07 Black Series R-07 Recorder Bag and a few small recording accessories.
Pocket GT introduces a fun new way to practice, jam, and get better every day. Combining premium BOSS guitar tones with integrated YouTube learning, this pocket-size amp/effects processor pairs with your smartphone or tablet to create the ultimate go-everywhere lesson studio.
Watch YouTube content in the companion BOSS Tone Studio app and create song lists, set loop markers, and more. Access deep editing tools to emulate the tones of famous players or craft new sounds all your own. And with automatic user memory switching, you can change up sounds as a YouTube video plays!
Adding in other great features like Bluetooth music streaming, USB audio interface capability, and more, Pocket GT is a must-have companion that no guitar player should be without.
The Future of Learning Guitar
Pocket GT makes learning with YouTube easier and more productive than ever. This miniature hardware hub provides the sound engine and audio connections, while the companion BOSS Tone Studio app features a YouTube browser that streams sound to Pocket GT and deep editing tools for shaping sounds instantly. This integrated approach simplifies set up and eliminates switching between apps, giving you a hassle-free way to enjoy studio-quality guitar tones while watching online lessons and jamming with videos.
Build Skills Faster with Powerful Session Tools
BOSS Tone Studio comes loaded with tools to supercharge your practice sessions. Create YouTube song lists for quick recall, and loop sections for focused study. And when you want to jam with backing tracks and other songs on YouTube, automatic user memory switching takes the experience to a new level. For example, you can set a clean sound for the verse, crunch for the chorus, and high-gain drive with echo for your lead solo—and they’ll all change in real time as the video plays!
Premium GT Amps and Effects
Equipped with the same sound engine as the best-selling GT-1 floor processor, Pocket GT puts over 100 world-class amps and effects in the palm of your hand. The 99 user memories come filled with ready-to-play sounds, but you can customize them or craft your own from scratch. And since Pocket GT and the GT-1 share the same DNA, stored amp and effects setups can be exchanged via their respective BOSS Tone Studio editors.
Direct Hardware Controls
Pocket GT’s simple-yet-powerful interface puts an array of essential functions at your fingertips. Scroll through user memories with a dedicated knob, tweak amp gain and effects levels, and activate the built-in tuner with a quick press. Remote control buttons are provided as well, providing fast access to YouTube playback. And with the Center Cancel switch, you can instantly reduce the volume of vocals and guitar solos in songs and play them yourself.
Bluetooth Streaming, USB Audio, and More
Pocket GT doesn’t just work with YouTube—you can also wirelessly stream nearly any music app over Bluetooth and play along. There’s an Aux In jack too, perfect for connecting a non-Bluetooth music player, drum machine, or other device. If you make music on a desktop computer, you can use Pocket GT to record mix-ready guitar tracks in your DAW via USB. And if you’re looking for sonic inspiration, you’ll find loads of great patches for download at BOSS Tone Central.
- Ultra-compact guitar amp/effects processor with powerful integrated learning features
- Companion BOSS Tone Studio app (iOS/Android/Mac/Windows) with built-in YouTube browser and deep tone editing tools
- Create video song lists and set A/B markers to repeat sections
- Assign user memories to markers and change sounds automatically during video playback
- Authentic GT sound engine with over 100 amps and effects, ready to play with zero latency
- 99 user memories (amp and effects settings compatible with the floor-based GT-1 guitar processor)
- Wirelessly stream music over Bluetooth or connect via the Aux In jack
- Control song/video playback with dedicated hardware buttons
- Center Cancel function reduces the volume of guitar solos and vocals in videos and music tracks
- Built-in rechargeable battery with up to four hours of runtime
- Onboard tuner with dedicated button for fast access
- USB audio interface for recording in desktop music software
- Download additional patches at BOSS Tone Central
- Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- AD Conversion: INPUT - 32 bits + AF method (AF method (Adaptive Focus method) is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters); AUX IN - 24 bits
- DA Conversion: 32 bits
- Effects: 108 types
- User Patches: 99
- Nominal Input Level: INPUT -10 dBu; AUX IN: -13 dBu
- Maximum Input Level: INPUT +7 dBu; AUX IN: 0 dBu
- Input Impedance: INPUT 1 M ohm; AUX IN: 22 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level: PHONES/REC OUT -10 dBu
- Output Impedance: PHONES/REC OUT 2 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: PHONES/REC OUT 16 ohms or greater
- Display: 7 segments, 2 characters (LED)
- Connectors: INPUT jack - 1/4-inch phone type; PHONES/REC OUT jack - Stereo miniature phone type; AUX IN jack - Stereo miniature phone type; USB COMPUTER port - USB Micro-B type
- Bluetooth Ver 4.2: Profile Supports A2DP (Audio), AVRCP (Remote Control), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Power Supply: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Current Draw: 500 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Approximately 4 hours
- Battery charging time: Approximately 3 hours. To charge the unit, use the USB port of a computer or a commercially available USB power supply adaptor (5 V, 500 mA or higher).
- Dimensions: 71 (W) x 129 (D) x 27.6 (H) mm; 2-13/16 (W) x 5-1/8 (D) x 1-1/8 (H) inches
- Weight (including battery): 160 g; 6 oz
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY", Micro USB cable
No upgrades available